Sign in to follow this  
marina53

Replacing Gasket Around Entrance Door: 2004 Monaco Knight

Hi, we are new RV'ers and are wondering how to replace the rubber gasket around our front door....seems the rubber has torn and when it rains we get water inside the coach.

It appears the existing gasket is part of the door....do we have to replace the whole door or is there and easier fix?

Thanks M&B

Welcome to the forum, Now in order to give you a good answer I need more information. If you add your coach and other info to your signature (see my sig for example). :) Having your info in your signature will help to get good answers. Need the coach, model year.

Bill

Ray thanks for the web site.

Marina53, be sure to not tare or damage the seal when you remove it. You may need it as a pattern for the new seal material.

Have you tried to roll the edge of the seal to see if there are any screws under it?

Good luck,

Herman

I looked at my 2004 Knight door. The jamb has 2 seals, except just 1 at the bottom - an all around bulb seal and a 3 side wiper seal. The door itself has an additional all-around wiper seal. Looks like you can remove trim pieces to replace both wiper seals. Not sure about the bulb seal.

Hi,

Thanks for the info!! I will check the coach tomorrow to see if there are screws under or if a bulb type. The site with all the different gaskets is also very helpful.

M&B