Sign in to follow this  
MLnDavo

Interested In The FR Legacy

Ok...looks like wife is steering towards a diesel and is really liking the floor plans on the Legacys. Can anyone speak to the following:
Forrest River customer service
Forrest River quality and quality control

Does anyone have a Legacy? The good, the bad, and the ugly?

Thanks,

Dave

Dave,

Hopefully someone on the forum has some experience with the Legacy. We looked at a Berkshire in 2010 and were not really overjoyed with the quality of the interior. I looked at the current specifications and brochure for the Legacy online today.

As you are looking at this coach for full timing, I would look at closet space in the bedroom (especially full length hanging) and storage space underneath. It may work well for you but I can tell you it would not work for us - but only you can make that decision.

Also, what vehicle are you looking at towing? I note that the specifications state that the hitch is rated for 10,000 pounds but then it states the hitch capacity is 5,000 pounds. When you look at the GVWR at 28,000 pounds and the GCWR of 33,000 pounds that will give you 5,000 pounds towing.

If you look online for Forest River problems, just keep in mind that many postings for any RV will be negative. Most people don't post when their experience is positive.

One thing I have always looked at when searching for a different coach is the Cabinets. If they are solid wood then there will be quality else where. However if the wood is a paper laminate then they will have cut cost and quality else where.

Herman

Herman.

Are you double dipping? Cabinets and doors...always been that way! A coach new, will run as much or more than the house, so it better have as good cabinets and fit/finish as the house!

Carl