JamieL

No Hot water 2005 Alpha 40' See Ya

Hello,

Has anybody had any problems with your water heater? When I push the electric or propane the red light comes at the control panel but no spark at the water heater. Put a electric jumper on the propane switch and got that to fire but no power from the board to the valve release. Please help?

What brand water heater? Atwood heaters use a "fuse" link on the 12 volt side. Looks like a jumper wire with a small fuse in it. It is supposed to open when there is a flame back from the burner but I have seen many open for no reason.

Lenp

Don't know what water heater was used on your coach but mine has the Atwood 94021 (GC10A-4E). I had a problem last summer with mine - red light at the control panel on electric or propane. I could leave it off for a while then turn on to electric but after a while, I would get the red light again. I replaced the ECO and Thermostat and have not had anymore problems. Take a look at this online manual - it might help with troubleshooting:

http://manuals.adventurerv.net/Atwood-Water-Heater-Service.pdf

My hot water heater has edge connectors (plugs that plug into the side of the board) when I removed the plugs there was a white oxidation on the edge of the board. Cleaned the edge connector with a eraser and the plug. Plugged in and the unit worked. By the way the unit would not work on gas or electric.

Roy & Peggy

2005 TROPICAL T395

CAT 350 HP

6 SPEED ALLISON 3000

2015 WRANGLER SAHARA

AIR DORCE ONE BRAKE SYSTEM

Roy, glad you found the problem and it was a simple repair. 

The problem you located is quite common an very often just cleaning the edge connector and some CRC contact cleaner will solve problems. With connections being out where they are exposed to the weather, it helps to put some connect grease on the connections.

Rich.  

I worked on my old bosses 1994 Beaver Patriot when I worked at the last dealership. His furnace would intermittanly work and I found the same, just dirty connections, I remember cleaning the board connections with a pencil eraser. It fixed it, I loved that coach actually enjoyed working on it.

Eraser was a much needed tool in my tool bag 30 years ago on the mini computer, not to be confused with micro computer, which is what your PC is today. The multilayered boards were 14" by 14" with edge connectors 3/4 of the way across, had to make bi-monthly service return calls back then.