MLnDavo

Transport Big Grill In Class A

Joe, I love the Traeger grill, we have a tabletop that we carry in a bay of the coach, and have a larger one at home. I can cook 8 ribeyes on the tabletop at one time or 3 baby backs, or two boston butts.

The heat is so even, and no flareups because the fire is under a steel plate. The grill uses wood pellets dispensed from a hopper, then fed into a small round open chamber where there is an electric heating rod that ignites the pellets, and a fan forces air into the fire chamber like a forge. Works like a convection smoker oven, we often cook small pizza's for the smoke flavor.

You can go online and Google the company for more info. Whoops, almost forgot, chicken, others love it, I don't eat chicken cooked in any form, call me crazy, but my digestive system won't let me. Also, I sear the steaks on the induction cooktop both sides at 475

degrees then finish them off in the smoker grill.

Here is a link to etrailer.com, They carry a wide variety of cargo hauling items. If I were faced with this I would go to an enclosed trailer that could accommodate my toad and the grill... or I would sell my current toad and purchase a pick-up truck that could be towed. The grill goes in the pickup truck! I suppose a cargo van could also work as a toad if any can be towed four wheels down. Let me know where you are and I'll come help you unload!!!

Kay, good to know you like the Trager products coming from someone I trust means a lot. I have a 24" Smoke Vault at home that gets more than its fair share of use. My neighbor runs a local butcher shop "head butcher" that supplies some of the top end restaurants around Wilmington DE, to Philadelphia. I end up with premium cuts of beef and pork for low prices. We prefer smoked cooking over most more traditional methods. I miss smoking meats while traveling, the table top model looked like a good fit. I am considering purchasing a Yoder pellet smoker for the house since the smoke vault is propane and it's seen better days.

http://www.yodersmokers.com

Joe.

The Grill looks just like one that we had in Gladewater, TX. Then we took it to Galveston at a friends house, fantastic grill, then Hurricane IKE came along and borrowed it and to this day has not been returned ! :angry::(:P

Carl

I've been using a Traeger Silverton for a little over a year and enjoy it.  The coach has a Weber Q1200 and if the Traeger portable had been out when I bought the Weber I would have gone with the Traeger.

My son has a bigger traeger and just recently purchased a Blackstone and I am impressed for a house grill. I have not researched any of their models but his is very impressive. Last evening he did Fajitas.  Sauteed the onions and peppers, pushed them over to the side with just a warmer burner on, put on a tub full of cut chicken in one row and a tub full of beef in the other row and cooked them at the same time.  Looked like a professional restaurant grill.

On 3/11/2016 at 2:05 PM, MLnDavo said:

Would a motorcycle lift work? Can I tow my Wrangler with that on a motorcycle lift?

I've got a Swivelwheel lift. I think balance would be a disabling factor on my rig, as the sides of the tire rail rise a couple inches above the for tie-down points and the grill would have to tip forward or back even if half of it would come down on the two tie-down arms while leaving the strap hook holes exposed.  You might need to have a plate of some kind welded up that would slot into the tire rail and secure at the four tie-down points.  Expensive, but in for a penny, in for a pound. (I don't think it's legal to pull a trailer behind a trailer unless the front trailer is a gooseneck/fifth wheel type, but don't assume I'm right.  According to the Executive Department, I rarely am.) 

On 2/8/2021 at 5:37 AM, hermanmullins said:

You can pull triple as long as you do not exceed the length limit. In Texas it is 65 feet total.

Herman

That surprises me.  Not doubting your word, but I'm sure I read somewhere that the lead had to be fifth wheel.  Maybe a state reg?

I just found this.  I also found an article about double towing in North Dakota which allows it but gives specific requirements about brakes and safety chains and distinguishes between fifth wheels and bumper-pulls  As I live in FL and probably won't live long enough to get to North Dakota, I didn't copy the link. 

https://news.pickuptrucks.com/2009/02/state-laws-can-pull-you-in-many-directions-if-you-double-tow.html

A lot of laws have changed since 2009....your Link!  I've seen double tow in most States behind a coach and fiver!  65' is inn most states, but I frequently see much longer....generally your ok as long as your not speeding and/or driving in a unsafe manner!  When my Jeep Gladiator is behind my coach, I'm 73 foot long.

Here is the latest list of triple tow states that I can find. https://www.gillettesinterstaterv.com/can-you-triple-tow-an-rv-legality-and-safety/

A nice rear receiver carrier on the back of the Jeep will do a nice job of carrying the grill, and would be legal in all states with the exception of maybe over length in some.

On 2/16/2021 at 7:11 PM, kaypsmith said:

Here is the latest list of triple tow states that I can find. https://www.gillettesinterstaterv.com/can-you-triple-tow-an-rv-legality-and-safety/

A nice rear receiver carrier on the back of the Jeep will do a nice job of carrying the grill, and would be legal in all states with the exception of maybe over length in some.

27 states -- about half.