blakeloke

Something Kool That Deb Made For Me

We recently upgraded our satellite receiver from the old "watch in motion" dome to a Whineguard hunt & seek that scissors up. post-47960-0-20142000-1457796534_thumb.j I'm not used to making sure that the receiver is stowed in the down position before we leave the campground so Deb made a nice steering wheel cover with a key pocket that subtly tells me not to be a dumb#$s and drive down the road with the boom up.

Along with the receiver upgrade we put in two new flat screen HD TVs and Direct TV boxes. You can tell that I'm electronically illiterate by the terminology I use! We also got rid of that horrid black box that sat on top of the VCR/DVD combo. It had a million buttons on it which none of them really worked when I wanted them to.

We are gonna test the system out next week as our friends and ex coworkers from Pennsylvania (I affectionately called them the Yankees) are coming down for the week to go to the Houston Livestock and Rodeo with us). They are taking the house and we get to camp in the driveway.

Hope the pic shows up with this post....if not I'll try again.

Blake

I can't start the engine with Jacks down....I mostly use the air for level, then have to have 75 pounds in order to release brake!

I thought that was a Cinnabun. :D Whatever works! Hate to leave the expensive hardware plastered on some overpass! :o

Hahaha Tom, I love Cinnabuns and would probably try to eat one that size.....to the dismay of my doctor and sugar levels!

The guy that installed the receiver told us he has replaced many receivers because the drivers either forgot to stow the boom or power was turned off before the robot went fully to sleep, or in the down position. He said his best customer just bought his third receiver!

Blake

Blake.

I would hate to see what the guys roof looks like! :(:(

Cinnabun? I left the ranch yesterday, not what it looked like to me... :D:P

Carl

Cinnabun, LOL, good one Tom! :lol:

I could use a cover like that with a hard shell under it. Our dog has placed his paws on the air horn switch already while I was outside setting up. FYI, you will not make any friends that way either. :blink:

What ever works as a reminder is a must! I only ever use the TV antenna on occasion, I will hang something from the handle as a reminder. I also have a habit of walking around the unit before driving off and we have a light on the dash "Antenna up". on occasion I will walk back and look over the unit from a distance just incase any tree branches are on the roof, I don't want the poor soul behind me on the road to find them.