dmastroluca

Toilet Remote Switch

We have a Thetford Aria Deluxe II with the flush buttons on the toilet. DW wants the switch panel moved to the wall. Anyone move their switch from the toilet to another location? Is there a kit available?

No! Call Thetford tech or google they may have a picture and wire diagram on a Pdf.

Nothing on Google. Thetford tech support said no kit is available and no schematic. They basically said I was on my own and it would void warranty. The warrant was expired 14 years ago. Just wanted to see if anyone has done the mod on the forums.

I saw a coach with them mounted on the wall, I cannot remember the make. I have also thought about it a few times and had our toilet apart in 2014 for a new valve. there is not a lot going on with those, pretty simple design. I cannot recall how many wires go to the switch either. If it were me I would verify they are all different colors, cut them mid way, add longer wires between each section, locate a suitable location for the switch, bring the extended wires to it and reconnect the switch. I would say the hardest part would be getting the wires from the toilet to where you want the switch, otherwise its just match the colors.

In the end I guess it really depends on what skill level you have, tools and patience.

I would verify they are all different colors, cut them mid way, add longer wires between each section, locate a suitable location for the switch, bring the extended wires to it and reconnect the switch. I would say the hardest part would be getting the wires from the toilet to where you want the switch, otherwise its just match the colors.

My plan exactly. I will post an update with before & after pictures.

I have never seen an electrical device that a little ingenuity can't conquer. Sounds like a good plan, and another project.