RodgerS

Gasser Game Changer For Me!

Carl, check Phoenix...just got back from a week there...you'll warm up in a hurry!  "Dry heat ...sure.":lol:

I'll be in Fort Stockton this PM....101 and dry.  Tomorrow, Ruidoso, NM for 4 weeks....80's/60, now that works for me !  FIVE, I don't need an oven...:lol:

As for Sumo Springs I installed the maxums front and rear and I can tell you all, they do exactly what the company says they will. I went from having a death grip on the wheel to now one hand smooth ride (no Cadillac yet but much better). They cut way down on the jarring you would get from bridges and potholes. Sway in the wind and body roll are now manageable, so for me the money was well spent and has corrected more than one problem at a time as would have been done by a track bar instillation.

I don't seem to fit in either category ~ our '96 Beaver Monterey is a 36' DP with a Magnum Blue Streak chassis (a.k.a. leaf springs).  Since this is the only class a mh I have ever driven, honestly I haven't a clue if it drives good or not... that said, does anyone know if this modification has been done to my chassis?? Who at the OEM for this product would know?

Sumo Springs are an aftermarket add on. Prominently advertised in Motorhome Magazine. Google them, get a look, and then crawl under Your motorhome.

To add to this discussion, I ran across a youtube video by "Ken Perry of Henderson's Line-Up explains the product benefits of the Sumo Springs Vs. stock bump-stops. These "Airless Airbags" will help to eliminate body roll and improve handling of your motorhome. Please visit http://www.HendersonsLineUp.com/ or schedule an appointment at Henderson's Line-Up by calling (541) 479-2882. Henderson's Line-Up, 417 Henderson St., Grants Pass, OR 97527."

I have read a lot of positive posts about RV owners who have had good luck with Hendersons. 

On 6/23/2016 at 5:18 AM, Manholt said:

I'll be in Fort Stockton this PM....101 and dry.  Tomorrow, Ruidoso, NM for 4 weeks....80's/60, now that works for me !  FIVE, I don't need an oven...:lol:

I know what you mean. Two years ago I was in Phoenix and it was 112. They made the mistake of showing the weather for the whole state and the forecast for Flagstaff was a high of 72. I left for Flagstaff in the morning.

By the way I am in Jackson, MI tonight.

Bill

Bill.  That should be nice and cool..:rolleyes:  I'm still in Ruidoso, and we have a heat wave, 90's!  No end in sight and Roswell, NM broke a record yesterday at 109 !  Where are you headed?

Carl 

Well next we are going as far north on the UP as you can go, to the Mackinac Bridge. Then down the west side of the lake to Duluth, Minnesota. Did you know that Duluth is the northern terminus of I-35?

Bill

What do these last four posts have to do with Sumo Springs? 

Seems like you guys should be using personal email or some other part of the forum.

The last four posts and this post should be deleted by whoever is managing the forum.

Rodger S. 

Yes RodgerS, some time we may stray for the OP. That is what friends do.  We will also go back to the OP.

We do have a lot to contribute to the question asked by many people. Yes some times we inject humor into the answers. Sometimes we relate personal experiences that may help others. However we never and I repeat never criticize other just because we disagree with their response, we just offer what we may believe is a better alternative to the situation.    

Now I will be very blunt, and I may be censored for the following. You have been rude every time you respond here to both the fellow Family member asking for advice and to the res-ponders trying to help. If you can't be civil in your responses please go to another site.

Herman      

On 7/6/2016 at 8:10 AM, Manholt said:

Nope !  Sounds like a nice trip.  Guess you won't be at FMCA, how about Shawnee?

Carl

The goal is to be in Shawnee.

Tonight in Saint Ignace, MI just north of the bridge.

Bill

On 7/6/2016 at 9:19 AM, RodgerS said:

What do these last four posts have to do with Sumo Springs? 

Seems like you guys should be using personal email or some other part of the forum.

The last four posts and this post should be deleted by whoever is managing the forum.

Rodger S. 

Gee Rodger, How is that different than you jumping in and talking about cooking or some other topic that has nothing to do with the OP's question?

I believe Herman has some excellent advice for you. 

Bill

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 3:19 PM, obedb said:

Sumo Springs are an aftermarket add on. Prominently advertised in Motorhome Magazine. Google them, get a look, and then crawl under Your motorhome.

not that easy for me....they do not list my make/ model chassis on the website....still wondering if there is an inside sales contact or something that might have application knowledge.

19 hours ago, jbrunson said:

not that easy for me....they do not list my make/ model chassis on the website....still wondering if there is an inside sales contact or something that might have application knowledge.

J- what year and chassis do you have?

i.e. 2010 Ford class A. Which would most likely be a 2009 Ford F53, That is what you will need to look them up under.

On 7/8/2016 at 1:37 PM, jbrunson said:

As you don't have your coach information in your sig it makes it impossible to give good answers. Yes it wouldn't hurt to call and have the vin number handy.

Bill

1 minute ago, FIVE said:

Never have understood why Fleetwood needs both a VIN and a FIN.

Bad record keeping or poorly designed software would be my guess, either number should reference the same coach if their program could support it.

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 0:01 PM, WILDEBILL308 said:

As you don't have your coach information in your sig it makes it impossible to give good answers. Yes it wouldn't hurt to call and have the vin number handy.

Bill

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 2:10 PM, jbrunson said:

I don't seem to fit in either category ~ our '96 Beaver Monterey is a 36' DP with a Magnum Blue Streak chassis (a.k.a. leaf springs).  Since this is the only class a mh I have ever driven, honestly I haven't a clue if it drives good or not... that said, does anyone know if this modification has been done to my chassis?? Who at the OEM for this product would know?

The Magnum chassis supported Beaver and Safari Class A motorhomes. It is a custom chassis built by Safari Motor Coach (I think)  .... the point is, this thing is an oddball...  it is not not produced by the normal automotive industry but one specifically designed for a class A RV... these springs would probably be easy to fit... but I am gonna need someone who knows more about chassis than I for sure....