ralphs

Recorder For Direct TV

Hi Folks, Ralphs here again.

Has anyone installed or tried to install a recording device to save programs on Direct TV?

We have the ability at home but also have two cable installation there.

Just curious if any of the electronic wizards out there have an idea on this, thanks.

Call Direct TV and ask. I don't know about Direct TV but our Dish receiver has a USB port on the back. We were able to hook up an external hard drive to this port and for a one time fee of $40.00 Dish programmed it as a DVR. Works just like our DVR at home. There is an additional charge of $7 on our bill for this DVR.

Yes, you can use only one cable but that only allows recording the same show that you are watching, but you can program the DVR to record any one show at a time while you are away, or not watching tv.

Directv does have a splitter available that can add the second hookup, but it needs to come from Directv, just a regular splitter acquired from a box store will not work.

We have dual cable feeds on our KVH dish. Check your dish to see if it has dual feeds. The manufacturer for our coach only installed one cable from the dish into the coach. I had to install the second cable and route it to the rear (bedroom) TV but that allows us to view two different shows at the same time. This is really handy when you have young grandchildren on board. They can watch their TV programs and we can watch ours! I think that I could route both cables to the DVR and it would work as it does at home.