herbvogt

Atwood Water Heater Not Delivering Hot Water

I have an Atwood 10 gal HWH which is not delivering hot water from any faucets. If I move the bypass lever, I can get cold water to flow out of the faucets. The HWH is heating the water.

The Atwood people at the FMCA rally last week said it was probably a check valve in the input or output of the HWH. They said since it is not part of the heater they wouldn't do a service on it at the rally. Is this check valve hard to replace? how do I find it? Do I have to drain water out of any of the tanks?

I have a 2004 28RB Safari Trek.

Thanks,Herb

It is a check valve. Part cost $9.95. But to replace unless very easy access to backside of water heater, you must pull out water heater from outside. Did not look very hard when a mobile tech came to my RV to do.

Service ,call, parts, labor was $300.00. Hot water flow great. The part is a brass fitting but inside a plastic part with a spring. After 8 years my 10 gal Atwood heater did the same thing. The valve is between the winter bypass valve and you water heater.

Kevin

I have a mobile tech coming out day after tomorrow. There is pretty good access to the back of the HWH from the bathroom cabinets, so I hope he can replace it easily.