tjb201

What Are The Rough Patches & Spots?

Any ideas what the rough patch and spots represent? Any yellow coloration is just pollen, its is snowing the stuff here in Georgia now. I have had the coach for a couple of years, put on 12,000 miles. They were manufactured in March 2013.

255 80R22 5 DOM313 Pic 1.pdf255 80R22 5 DOM313 Pic 2.pdf

Thanks,

Tim

2014 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 35QBA

Assuming the yellow (pollen) washed off but the rough texture remains I would assume it is probably a bit of dirt that was cured onto/into the tire surface.

This is unusual for Michelin but I have seen similar in numerous other brand tires.

You didn't identify any cracks or depth to the spots so IMO this is just a cosmetic condition and would be of no worry to me.

If it makes you more comfortable you could stop at a Michelin dealer but again I wouldn't consider this a condition needing urgent action.

Edited by Tireman9

Assuming the yellow (pollen) washed off but the rough texture remains I would assume it is probably a bit of dirt that was cured onto/into the tire surface.

This is unusual for Michelin but I have seen similar in numerous other brand tires.

You didn't identify any cracks or depth to the spots so IMO this is just a cosmetic condition and would be of no worry to me.

If it makes you more comfortable you could stop at a Michelin dealer but again I wouldn't consider this a condition needing urgent action.

The spots are actually on like bumps on top of the tire, so cracks or depth to them.

What about the rough patch on the tire. What might that be?

Thanks for your thoughts.

I think it is what Tireman9 said. It looks like a production blemish that may make the tires un-serviceable at about 8 years of age. ;)

Bill