gaylemarlowe

Carpet vs Laminate?

I know this topic has been kicked around many, many times. However, I wanted to ask those out there that have replaced their carpet with hard flooring if they liked the change and was it the correct decision for them. The other 1/2 of my tour group likes the comfort of the carpet but not the inability to stay clean for many years. She mentioned our trip to Texas this winter when it was in the 20's most mornings and the carpeted portion was comfy to walk on. I certainly agreed as we both don't like the cold much anymore.

Any hard flooring is going to be much colder I am sure, but more durable. Anyway, just wanted to get some feedback from those that have already gone this route. Thanks in advance for any responses.

I have hardwood laminate, and also have granite in the coach, and have had carpet in the past. Will never put carpet back ANYWHERE. We use throw rugs in places where we might walk with bare feet, when soiled, if they are not cleanable, we toss them and buy new ones. Also, heat under the laminate and other hard surface flooring is achievable with todays technology, and is very affordable. One other note on the throw rugs, there is rug under liners that can be cut to fit the rugs that will almost completely stop any movement, the other 1/2 here demands that that is always in place. Good luck with your decision.

We have carpet and heated tile, I like the feel of the carpet but I will say when its time to replace it I will most likely not have carpet reinstalled. I will also heat the remaining area of the floor, I do not like cold feet.

We were full timers and replaced the carpet with Armstrong's best grade of floating laminate.

One of the best things we did for the motor home. Easy to clean and always looked good. We put down a small throw rug in front of the door and a runner in front of the sink/refrigerator area. They could be washed.

Heck, even in the house we bought and live in now, we are getting rid of the carpet and replacing it with ceramic tile and the new thinner hardwood.

Carpet used to be the way to go but not anymore. Before we started full timing we had an upscale house in Bow NH and it came with tongue and groove hard maple. After we got used to that we changed our minds about carpet completely.

I changed ours to what is called engineered flooring, Makes a huge difference keeps the coach clean. Yes it's colder but we have like others put down throw rugs and long runners. The heater pad under the tile hasn't worked in years so we are used to the cold.

We swapped out our carpet with Laminate. Love it. We do use throw rugs cause my Lab mix has a hard time with slick floors. :) She slips and slides all over the place.large.5770a826f29d6_NewFlooring.jpg

I have 90% heated tile and 10% rug.  The rug part is impossible to keep clean and I have no idea what the color should be!  There must be something else to put furniture on. :wacko:

Carl C.