CAPKELLY

Speed Limit for Class A

There are several roads east off the Mississippi, specially in Virginia and NC that makes the "million dollar hwy" in CO. a pussycat! 15 to 25 mph works for me!

I'll be on 3 of them the 17th of Sep.

Slightly off topic but: There is a huge physical weight difference between most RVs and semi trucks, even if lengths with towed vehicle included are similar for the largest motor coaches. Semi trucks are allowed 20,000 lbs on the two tire steer axle and 34,000 lbs (or more in some cases) on a 4 tire dual axle on major roads, unless signed for less. Total gross weights up to 80,000 lbs (or more in some cases). That's why in almost all states RVs don't have to follow the same rules as semi trucks.

Gentleman and ladys also, think we need to understand what a Class B license is. ( this means if you drive anything

over 26,001 pound other than it is a law that you have a class B license with air Brake endorsement.think about it

this way retired and buy a big diesel pusher motorhome, It has air brakes, salesman takes you for a test drive and last

thing salesman will say to you do not forget to push the yellow button by steering wheel or along drivers window. Cannot

tell you the repairs done on motorhome brake system from not understanding what was meant by Air Brake endorsement.

Gentleman its all about safety ( i'm not saying us retired motorhome people are bad drivers but what I'm saying there is a ton

of information lacking in this area ) I even have people cannot figure what the truck runaway ramp are reallly nessary.

Let count our blessing as we get older that we can still drive without, what is called a CDL for all motorhomes over 26,001

pounds. Yes a motorhome is not a car or is a truck, but lets try a bus maybe we can someday be located with a area

of our own. In the mean time, Safety with Air systems and air brakes can be very unforgiving with lack of the understanding

of how systems work and what can happen going down steep Mt. grade at Vail, Co.

Dave Atherton Retired Cat Mechanic