aldebruijn

Right Rear Lens Covers: 2004 Safari Panther

Hi, can anyone help me out please?

I have a 2004 Safari Panther and I stupidly busted the lens covers of my rear light (right hand side) and I am having a real hard time finding new ones. My local RV service shop has been in contact with Allied, but they can't help. I understand that the original manufacturer is Triplex and they do not seem to exist anymore. I am now stuck.

Does anyone have any idea where to try getting these covers or know of a newer light assembly that will fit?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!!

post-44319-0-16987000-1459644903_thumb.j

Alde,

If you will take a close look at your lenses you will see a number at the bottom. Google that number and you should find what the lenses were used on. They will the same lens used on either a car or truck. As an example the head lights on our coach come from a 1996 BMW.

Try this, I hope it helps.

HERMAN

Herman, thanks for the quick reply. I now have part numbers which lets me make targeted searches, although so far, no one has them in stock. The search continues . . .

Casual454, thank you for the link. That looks quite promising as they have several Safari motorhomes in their lot, all of which appear to use the same lens covers. I will contact them and see if they can help.

This is supposed to work: Take a picture and send to chris@ssterlingco.com   The numbers on the lenses are not part numbers but relate to the DOT and other stuff. Many places show them in the catalogues and are of Triplex manufacture but they are long gone. I do not know for sure if S. Sterling has them but supposedly are of HELLA manufacture a German supplier...we will see as you are not the only one looking. They do not last long in salvage yards

Bill E