casuall454

Tire Covers

While at FMCA rally in January I was going to order new MCD tire covers. In speaking with MCD they don't make tire covers any more.

I am looking for a vendor who can I can purchase bulk MCD outside shade material from ?

I have found several other vendors of sun shade material, although the quality doesn't seem as high as MCD.

You might try Chris Throgmartin at Stone Vos http://stonevoss.com/ .He specializes in premium awning material. His material may be too good for tire covers - ask him. I believe all you are trying to do with tire covers is keep UV rays from the tires. Most anything will work, even large pieces of cardboard (although a bit ugly).

Gene M

Try Magne Shade they have a good reputation and product.

Yes, not only a great reputation, but great tire covers. I have six of the new ones that have the open center so the rims of the wheels are visible. There are pics on the web site.

Magne Shade is producing my exterior windshield cover. I was looking at their wheel covers, however while attending the Tampa RV Supershow I saw coaches leaving the grassy area that was a muddy soupy mess. I saw tire covers caked in mud, so I really am looking for some thing like my old MCD that snapped on my coach body and didn't touch the ground.

My thought is rather then "snap" covers into place, or use bungee cords. I would take a page from the boating marine folks and use awning track and welt insert to attach the screen material to. Thanks all for vendor recommendations, once I get this project in production I will update images in my gallery.

F768.gif

Yes, not only a great reputation, but great tire covers. I have six of the new ones that have the open center so the rims of the wheels are visible. There are pics on the web site.

If it is alright here, what was the suggest retail price on those, or PM me.

Thanks.

p.s., I have had Magne Shade window protectors Since Magne Shade first opened their product - or there abouts. Roger and Clare Hunckler are wonderful to work with. Great support and service.