obedb

Waterless Cleaners For Coach Exterior

I have observed coach owners using a waterless product with a mop to wipe the outside down. Looking back several years and I have found no mention of such a product.

I am specifically interested in Wash Wax All. Indicates no water required and especially good for removing bugs up front. Website seems too good to be true.

Anybody out there with comments about the product?

Too many years ago for me to remember just when it was, I found a product like what you mentioned, at the Waldo Flea market in Waldo Florida.

I was driving a 1987 Southwind fiberglass shell mh at the time, I bought a bottle of the product and used it on the mh at the time.

The bottle lasted long enough to get two jobs out of it. The initial shine was pretty good looking and lasted about nine months each time.

I not been able to find anymore of the product because the vendor used a private label, and never returned to the market when I tried to find him. Would buy it again if I could find a source. Although not quite as easy as the vendor made it look, but the results was better than any other that I have tried since.

ObedB,

Do you have full paint?

If you get on the web and you see the guys post to rub it with Crisco, keep looking...... :lol:

Still one of my favorites from Facebook, geeze.

I have a product I bought from Hershey two-three years ago and used it on the old coach (gel coat, no paint) and it worked great, spray on wipe off. I will have to look around I might still have it (bottle was almost full). You are welcome to it if you want to give it a try.

I have observed coach owners using a waterless product with a mop to wipe the outside down. Looking back several years and I have found no mention of such a product.

I am specifically interested in Wash Wax All. Indicates no water required and especially good for removing bugs up front. Website seems too good to be true.

Anybody out there with comments about the product?

I purchased the Wash Wax All kit but I have only used it on the TOAD. Works well hand applied on the TOAD. The extension rod that comes with the kit is great, although a little on the hefty side. Next time I get the RV out of storage I'm going to give it a try. The kit is pricey.

In the meantime I have used the Turtle Wax ICE Spray Detailer. Just spray it on and wipe it off. It works well but bugs are bugs and sometimes they are difficult and sometimes they just don't come off. They also have an ICE Wax. ICE can be found at most auto stores, Walmart, Target, etc.

Thanks all. Kay try their site (washwax.com). If it works well on Wayne's toad, I am going to give it a try. Supposed to take bugs off the front with no water. Maybe I will just try one bottle on the bugs. If it works then I will buy more and the mop as well, unless I get a negative response from Wayne or somebody else. Motorhome Magazine gave it good numbers. Joe/ mine isn't as shiny as yours. I guess that it is gelcoat, but I am not positive. They show the stuff being used on aircraft. Kinda doubt that they are gel coated. The product has been around for thirty years or so. Maybe it it the one that Kay remembers.

Hi all.

I use "Thunderbolt" on my bike.  Spray on, wipe off...great shine and protection.  http://www.thunderboltpolish.com/

On toad, after I hit it with HP water, I use Lucas, Spray mist..get it at any Auto Parts, Wall Mart.  I also use it on coach and Love Bugs don't stick around.  My glass cleaner is from Auto Zone with ammonia. It will remove anything that fly's at you, just spray on and wipe off!

If you have a Plexiglas bug cover in front...like Joe...spray and wipe with Pledge (I use Lemon, smells nice), I use it on my bike!

Happy Spring travel.

Carl

I have used the Wash Wax All for a couple of years and love it.  Heavy road grime still requires old fashioned soap and water first but lite soil is easy clean.  The wax is slick and the applicator makes it easy to do.  I just did my 34 ft A last week at camp in in Washington and it took about two hours moving slow including touch up, breaks to chat, etc.  Although pricy, get the kit with the applicator pole and head and leave the ladder in the basement! 

I tried the Wash Wax and it does work well for me, but it is not what I used earlier, the stuff that I used earlier was harder to achieve a beautiful finish. So I will continue using the Wash Wax product, because of ease of using.

I'm using the WashWaxAll products.  It works well for what it is. Obviously, it's not a Carnuba Wax application, but it does a decent job fairly easily if you use the mop applicator (or something similar) and/or microfiber cloths.  I bought just the mop head because I already had a pole.  Pricey, but really works better than climbing up and down a ladder.  I'm too old for that stuff :)

Well, I have been lazy and did not use the Wash Wax All before we left and now the dirt/grime is really built up.  Tomorrow is wash day by a mobile rv wash company.  I'll try and keep up with and use the Wash Wax All in the upcoming trip.

Something I used on my motorcycle and also on my cars was a product called Capt. Richard's Best.  This stuff worked great but it is more pricey the Wash Wax All.

On 4/4/2016 at 1:32 PM, jleamont said:

ObedB,

Do you have full paint?

If you get on the web and you see the guys post to rub it with Crisco, keep looking...... :lol:

Still one of my favorites from Facebook, geeze.

I have a product I bought from Hershey two-three years ago and used it on the old coach (gel coat, no paint) and it worked great, spray on wipe off. I will have to look around I might still have it (bottle was almost full). You are welcome to it if you want to give it a try.

Joe,

Better then Crisco, go to McDonald's and ask for some of their used grease.:huh: Wipe the coach down with it and on those warm afternoons in the RV park you can smell like French Fries. Mnn gooood.:):lol:

Herman

2 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Joe,

Better then Crisco, go to McDonald's and ask for some of their used grease.:huh: Wipe the coach down with it and on those warm afternoons in the RV park you can smell like French Fries. Mnn gooood.:):lol:

Herman

No wonder every time I walked by your coach I got that hungry feeling,craving McDonalds fries.:lol:

Bill

Last December in Phoenix, we met a couple with coach that sparkled. She was happy to show us her method using wash wax all. She said start out with a thoroughly washed coach, I he waxed wit a carnuba wax then when needed use WWA as either as a spot cleaner or the whole thing if necessary.  We bought the kit directly from Aero Cosmetics. The only way to make me happier would be free labor! 

Dar

When parked, my coach gets "washed" by my neighbor's lawn sprinklers.  Do either the ICE or WASH WAX ALL allow for easy removal of the hard water spots that result from this daily spray?

Can't speak for that, but Lucas Slick Mist does !  I buy one spray can per year and it lasts for both Coach 45' and Toad.  $9 at Wall Mart.

Carl