huffypuff

Testing Notification

I was not receiving notification of my post, quotes, or threads since my email has changed.  Checking to see if it works now.  

1 hour ago, jleamont said:

See if you get a notification I responded to your post.

I will send you a PM also.

I got the pm from you but no e-mail notification or notification of replies.  Something is broke even though it is claimed to be fixed 

The old e-mail address is still floating around in my profile and yet hasn't been removed with many tries.  That must be creating my problems as e-mail is being sent to dead account.  

I tried to change mine, it asked for a password, I entered it, I got an error it was the wrong password. Odd thing is I just logged in with it so ???

I asked Todd to change it last night in an email. That might be your best bet.

I've asked our website host to escalate this issue for a resolution. The updated email addresses are in our system; they're just not carrying over to your forums accounts. Stay tuned ...

Todd,

Changes are always difficult especially with computers. Program changes even worse. Thank you for all you are doing to make this transition smoother for all of us. Your efforts don't go unnoticed.

Again, Thanks

Herman

4 hours ago, jleamont said:

I tried to change mine, it asked for a password, I entered it, I got an error it was the wrong password. Odd thing is I just logged in with it so ???

I asked Todd to change it last night in an email. That might be your best bet.

I had the password problem the other day but that works now.  I was only able to add new email address to membership but not forum.  When I enter password to change email to forum it sends me to membership data that is already correct.  Todd is working on this already as I'm not the only one.  

I got a email from Todd this morning to sign out and in.  I was signed out already and got a screen to create account.  I enter my username and password and got error that user name already exist.  So I signed in at main page just fine and found I was automatically signed in to the forum.  So I tried signing out to both the forum and main page and still automatically signed in to the forum.  I tried closing the browser and was signed out of main page but automatically signed into forum.  I check email setting and it is correct so I hope notification works now.  

Now I see this when I go to notification settings.

Browser notifications disabled

By enabling desktop notifications, we'll be able to tell you when there's new content even if you aren't active in this window. Check your browser help documentation to find out how to enable notifications for this site.

I tried changing the settings to enabled but don't get rid of this warning.  Still broke. 

14 minutes ago, huffypuff said:

I got a email from Todd this morning to sign out and in.  I was signed out already and got a screen to create account.  I enter my username and password and got error that user name already exist.  So I signed in at main page just fine and found I was automatically signed in to the forum.  So I tried signing out to both the forum and main page and still automatically signed in to the forum.  I tried closing the browser and was signed out of main page but automatically signed into forum.  I check email setting and it is correct so I hope notification works now.  

Yes, when you sign out of the forums, it will bump you back to FMCA.com, where you should still will be signed in. So if you go back to the forums again, you will be signed in there as well. To sign out, you'll need to sign out at FMCA.com. We implemented the single-sign-in so members would not have to log in on two sites. Sometimes there are oddities related to browsers and cookie sessions that crop up.

juffypuff and jleamont: You had user accounts that predated our new database management system, and your older email address were still present in our Microsoft database. That old record has been cleared, so everything should be consistent. If anyone else has updated their email address with FMCA and is not receiving forum private messages or notifications, let me know.

10 minutes ago, huffypuff said:

Now I see this when I go to notification settings.

Browser notifications disabled

By enabling desktop notifications, we'll be able to tell you when there's new content even if you aren't active in this window. Check your browser help documentation to find out how to enable notifications for this site.

I tried changing the settings to enabled but don't get rid of this warning.  Still broke. 

Check your browser settings. If using Firefox, Notifications are under Options / Content / Notifications

browser-notifications.png

8 minutes ago, tmoning said:

Check your browser settings. If using Firefox, Notifications are under Options / Content / Notifications

browser-notifications.png

I found it turn on but FMCA.com block in exception.  That was the only site that was blocked and don't know why that is.  It did get rid of that error on this computer.  Now I have to check two other computers, pad device and phone.  :blink:

Todd, so far I'm impressed, I pay a small fee per year for my membership, in a few days most of the new system glitches have been corrected. We spent 1.5 million a year and a go at work on fleet management software, they still haven't figured it out. :blink:

Obama Care should hire Todd to set up their computer system!  Would save the taxpayer a lot of $$$, since that system still does not work.