mwilson8@rochester.rr.com

RV Dealers: Are They All Like This?

Just wanted to post another update on my brand new 2016 Tuscany. Well have had the coach for a couple of weeks and spent that time at our favorite Thousand Trails Campground in Hershey Pa. Obviously when you buy new you have to deal with all the items that the manufacturer and dealer missed when they sell it to you. After months of waiting for paint to be right and the Aqua Heat System to function properly we were excited to finally spend some time on our new home. My wife and l love the coach but we have found several items that need to be repaired. We have a business trip planned this week so I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to give Camping World my new home for a week to fix all the items we found. I had a long list of minor items and the only 2 which I consider to be major are:

1.)One slide seems to be dragging under the residential refrigerator scratching the tile floor, I am sure a minor adjustment should take care of that issue

2.) This one I am concerned about and would like any feedback anyone can offer. Even when hooked up to 50 amp if I have the dryer on, my induction cooktop will not work. In addition if I have nothing on and use the microwave/convention oven it starts at what sounds like full power and then immediately drops to what sounds like less power. It cooks OK but it is acting like you would expect it to if you plug your coach into your house instead of a 50amp outlet. I am afraid the manufacturer has the stove top, microwave/convection over, refrigerator, Washer and Dryer all on the same line or circuit. In addition when I start the generator the dryer and the stovetop do not work. At first I thought this was a safety issue not wanting you to boil a pot a water when you are on the road. BUT what happens if I am dry camping, I cant use the stove??

Would appreciate any feedback on item number 2 as it is my biggest concern. I am hoping by giving Camping World the entire week to fix all these nagging items I will be able to return and pick my coach up complete.

Thoughts?? Comments??

We've had two DPs.  One of the first things we do after purchase is find out what appliance is on what line.  The DW turns something on...washer, dryer, Aqua Hot, microwave, etc, and I watch the gauge to see what amps are being drawn and which line it is on.  I keep a log of this information.  

Also, my coach has many extra AC outlets in back of panels, under the sink, in back of the refer, etc.

I have tested all of those so I know which line they are on.

Try it on generator vs shore power, see if it makes a difference. It sounds like they took a shortcut on the wiring in that unit. I would ask to see the schematic while at the dealer and see if your suspicions are correct, it sounds like you are on the right track. 

You are about 30 minutes north of us! Unless you bought that coach from CW and you are taking it back to the selling dealer I would not go to CW for much beyond toilet paper. Given your location my guess is you are headed to the one in Harrisburg. We shopped for a coach there in 2014 while it was under construction just after CW bought them out, didn't purchase from them. We looked at used 2003 Newmar Dutch Star that had 80% of the interior roof covered in DARK Black mold and swollen cabinets, they told us it was common and it could be cleaned up, never been back. When I called to inquire about the unit I was told it was in perfect condition, low mileage one owner.

I hope they take care of your concerns, service after the sale is important!

Jleamont, thanks for your reply, I am near Linglestown, I have tried it both with the generator running and plugged into 50amp as well as plugged into 15amp at home. When plugged into 50amp I fell like I am plugged onto 15amp at home as I get the same issues. Dryer on Induction Cooktop shuts off, dryer off, after about a 30 second delay induction cooktop comes back on. With generator running there is no power to cooktop or dryer and Microwave/Convection oven runs but at what seems like reduced power.

I did buy it from Camping World Harrisburg and that is where it is being serviced. With the initial problems with the Aqua Heat system they had Cory, their best tech, on it for a total of 49 hours before he was able to get help from Aqua Heat and Thor to fix the problem. He got that help after I sent an email to Marcus Lemonis complaining about the lack of help Corey was getting. He got all the help he needed then. This was not CW issue but Aqua Heat and Thor who were not responding. I asked that Corey work on my coach again this time and I am praying they get in done in the time I have allotted them.

Here's hoping

I have the similar set up as you. I can run everything including two hair dryers (no washer dryer, removed that last year) and no issues so far. Aqua Hot usually is very supportive but only to the consumer and their certified dealer network, CW of Harrisburg is not an authorized repair facility. That might have had something to do with the delay. Its not good when you have to write to the president of the company for help, just glad he assisted and not discarded your request.

We are 50 miles southeast of you down 283 to 30 east, small world!

Good luck and keep us posted!

Joe

Just joined and was perusing various topics. This thread reminds me of a post I saw on another site, "can't wait till my new coach comes in so I can start repairing it!".

1 minute ago, ShortBus said:

Just joined and was perusing various topics. This thread reminds me of a post I saw on another site, "can't wait till my new coach comes in so I can start repairing it!".

Welcome to the forum. Yes it is too true. What coach do you have or are looking at?

Bill

Hey, WildeBill,

16 Winnebago Forza 38R is the one I am considering.

Got Winnebago View 24G in July and 16K miles later decided I don't want to put up with the inconveniences anymore. Main complaints: getting on hands and knees to hook up power, cable and water and then have to hold pump button in "forever" to drain grey tank. Not a kid anymore.... With 2 laptops and 2 cell phones more outlets are needed in bedroom and at table. The table is not big enough to work at with papers and laptop.   

One thing I did like though, the turbo diesel Mercedes 6 was able to pass DP's on a grade while we were towing a jeep and getting 13 mpg doing it. 18 mpg not towing...

46 minutes ago, ShortBus said:

Hey, WildeBill,

16 Winnebago Forza 38R is the one I am considering.

Got Winnebago View 24G in July and 16K miles later decided I don't want to put up with the inconveniences anymore. Main complaints: getting on hands and knees to hook up power, cable and water and then have to hold pump button in "forever" to drain grey tank. Not a kid anymore.... With 2 laptops and 2 cell phones more outlets are needed in bedroom and at table. The table is not big enough to work at with papers and laptop.   

One thing I did like though, the turbo diesel Mercedes 6 was able to pass DP's on a grade while we were towing a jeep and getting 13 mpg doing it. 18 mpg not towing...

That is kind of the way I feel about the smaller B and C coaches. They look good and sound good but don't "live" quite as good. I think the Winnebago Forza 38R is a nice coach but have you looked at some of the used coaches available in that price range? Here are a couple of places just as a tease. Let someone else fight the new coach gremlins and first year depreciation.

http://motorhomesoftexas.com/

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/diesel/diesel-motorhomes.php

http://www.mhsrv.com/diesel-pusher-rvs/

Bill

Bill....

Thanks for the info.  Found this 38R on line at a business whose site I monitor. Know the coach, it has been their show demo and has 12K on it. Never titled and there is a significant discount on price. Negotiating now.... Hoping they already have a lot of the kinks worked out.

Gary

I would look around and see if their price matches some of the other places. I was just looking and found a place that was asking $183,491 before dealing. Good luck.

Bill

wednesday, Has w & d, fp and sat dish also. There is a bunch at luxuryrv.com in the 160's. sticker 233k on mine.

Hey Bill, starting new threads on copd, smouldering campfires and what to do with gallons of used diy oil change oil.

Well....went to the dealer today for the closing and to get the Forza. and..... they didn't have it ready, and...no one bothered to tell us, the buyer that it will not be ready.

2 hours ago, ShortBus said:

Well....went to the dealer today for the closing and to get the Forza. and..... they didn't have it ready, and...no one bothered to tell us, the buyer that it will not be ready.

I would tell them that you want to do the walk through and final inspection before you close. That way you will get much better service if you find something that needs a little attention.

Bill

We did the walk through before I signed. What I want to tell them can't be printed here.

Gary

Gary, do your self a favor, run water through it. Often we read about the horror the first time water gets connected. Try it on the pump and city connection. Most dealers do not test this at PDI in service.

I'm just about ready to run away from this dealer. If things don't move soon I'll just give up on them and stay in the View.

Due to the price I stuck with this one, what a mistake. One lie after another. So far have had it in my possession for a total of three days. Returned it for the service that was supposed to be done a week and a half ago, the sales man said that it was only a half hour to repair it, should have it the next day. Now after multiple phone calls as to when we will get it back they finally looked at it and determined that it will be another 2 weeks to get more parts. I am now just fed up with the whole thing, want my money back and will just stay in motels.

I have bought 4 rv's from all three of RCD Sales locations, but they will never get my business again. For a more detailed review Google RCD Delaware.

Gary

Gary, some states have grace period you can return it in. Check and see, that will get their attention 

RCD offered a free oil change for the coach and gen. to smooth things over. But....they have told me a lot more lies then truths, most of which came from their service department. Don't know that I want that service department touching anything of mine, they have not done a thing they were supposed to either in the weeks before or in the 8 days they had it after the sale. I suspect that free oil change would cost me a lot more in the long run than I would save right now. I have the coach back in my possession now and think I will keep it that way. Below is the pic I pulled from their web site showing the water hose laying in human excrement, exactly how the coach was shown to me the first 3 times I saw it. Even though I made the statement that I could not believe they showed me the coach in this condition not once but three times, it was not cleaned until the closing. None of the other promised repairs were ever made. I did file a report with the attorney generals office but have not heard back yet.

Gary

AD408987-23E5-4471-954E-ED97E6E7EB96.jpg

Gary,

Not coming to the dealer's defense, that is a terrible way to  show a coach, however what you have in the picture is not a water hose. What that is, isthe outside shower wand. Still not a nice  site.

Herman