painterbob62

2000 Safari Slide Seals

We just purchased our 2000 Safari Serengeti and when I moved the slides out I noticed that the white rubber seals seemed to have gotten shorter. The corners were cut at a 45 degree angle, however they no longer meet and are short by about 1 inch leaving daylight / rain to get into the coach. Not a very big deal in AZ but we're heading to the NW shortly. Does anyone know where to find the gasket material for this type of slide ? They close flush to the coach surface.

Thank you,

Bob

If you can't find anything else you could clean the gaps and fill them with RTV silacone. Just build it up a little higher so it is slightley compressed when closed like the original seal.

Bill

Bob,

Not sure what your seal looks like so I can only give you my experience. The seal on the bottom of my Living room slide was opened so it let light and wind in. The seal was held in position by a metal strip held in place with several screws (12) along the strip. What I did was remove the screws and strip, put new holes lower on the rubber and re installed the seal. Now I have a nice seal all along the bottom.

In your case it may just mean repositioning the seal.

Herman

On 4/8/2016 at 7:47 AM, DickandLois said:

Bob, Welcome to the forum !

Take a look at this link and see if anything matches what you need. Profiles and size information would be helpful in finding a proper match.

http://www.cleanseal.com/products.html

You might be able to contact the coach builder and see if they have information on file.

Rich.

Thank you for the information. This should be pretty helpful. I will try to get a picture of the profile with the slide half way out.

Thank you,

Bob 

The seal he is referencing is the top and sidewall seal. The coach manufacturer, SMC is no longer functioning and became part of Monaco before bankruptcy. The brand is currently owned by Allied Recreation Group. I have two similar coaches with the same seals. I suggest you call/Google "Allied Recreation" for the phone nr. I apologize for not having it here for you, but my phone is in my car at my shop. They have two locations one in the East and one in Oregon. I will post it here later today.

The silicone idea will not work in this application as it will adhere to the slide and the seal channel. As for a temporary fix, just stuff something in the hole to prevent water and air intrusion. You will likely have to do this each time you move the slide in or out. I will go out and check but I think replacing the seal will be a real project.

Bill

Allied contact phone number; 1-877-466-6226. They will email you photos of the different seals used in your years, you just pick one tell them how long you need it and they will price it accordingly.

No this should not be too big a deal as the attaching screws are accessible when the slide is extended. Use something to lube it as it is compressed into place. Apologies for not getting back to this sooner.

Bill