trishw

H2O Relief Valve

After de-winterizing, looks like I'll need to get a ¾” relief valve for my Hot Water heater as it has a very slow leak 

Newmar has this part for $76.00 (!!) and I have  feeling that pretty much any 3/4" relief valve that looks like the part they say is the replacment will work just fine. What do you think?

reliefv.jpg

I would go to your local Homedepo or hear is one on line for $13.95

http://www.supplyhouse.com/Watts-0342692-M335M2-3-4-Male-Pressure-Relief-Valve?gclid=Cj0KEQjwrZ24BRC098fr-OqnuMkBEiQAKQ9lgCavsyKXClF6XvznTrndhtZn_sd0iv_eWB1ggdYOwAAaAmj98P8HAQ

It's the same valve.

Try opening it and turning the leaver bak and forth. Some times theey just get crud in the valve seat and you can clean them out and theyy will seal. If it is leaking you have lost your air pocket in the top of the hot water heater. Shut off the water realeave the preshure and open the valve till no water drains out. This will restore your air pocket in the top of the hot water heater.

Bill

Bill.  You really need a good spell check!  :P:rolleyes:  Do you ever re read what your about to post?

Other than that, your right!

Carl 

7 hours ago, Manholt said:

Bill.  You really need a good spell check!  :P:rolleyes:  Do you ever re read what your about to post?

Carl 

If I didd you woulden't have nout thing to do.:D:P

On April 8, 2016 at 11:19 AM, Manholt said:

Carl 

He who lives in a glass house should not throw stones..."your" should be you're.....B)

Sorry, could not resist...