DougBarr32

Water Inlet Noise

I have a 2005 Tiffin Bus and when we are using the water in the coach meaning someone turns a faucet on or the shower is being run a fluttering/whining noise in coming from the water inlet line that is bringing the water from the hose reel up into the coach. any thoughts ? 

Doug,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum!

The sound you are hearing is most likely from the city water inlet flapper / check valve.

You can probably hear it out side where the hose connects to the coach. The city water pressure is opening as it supplements the on board water as the pump pressure fluctuates. Turn off the outside supply and it should go away and allow you to only us water from the fresh water tank, if you are trying to us up that source of water.

Rich.

Be sure you are using a water pressure regulator about 55 - 60 psi at the inlet of your water hose.  Then turn off the water pump to be sure your not feeding some water from the fresh water tank.  

Correct about the shore water and turning off the pump. Have left the pump on more then once and you are correct it will take both shore water and tanks water at the same time. The sound might just be the pump sucking air from an empty tank and causing air into the line. Again had this happen more than once.

Herman

Hey Doug! I heard it when we were camping. It's a howling type of sound when the city water is coming into the hose reel. To supply the coach while someone is inside with a faucet open. It's quite loud at the hose reel wet Bay Area. I was thinking a restriction in the reel, kinked hose?

Pump is off and water is not headed into the tank.

Anyone else have a hose reel for your hose?

Joe.  I do and it's near impossible to kink the hose on reel, unless you reeled a kink in, but you would spot that!  If in doubt run all the hose off the reel and then hook up to city water and turn on a faucet outside or inside.  Make sure pump is off and switch is on city.

Does anyone know is the inlet flapper usually located in the water bay behind the white panel where all of the controls are in the water bay ? That sound like it could be the issue. When you are running water through the system the water line connected to the hose reel when you grab it is vibrating. This is with the holding tank lever valve closed and the pump off.

49 minutes ago, DougBarr32 said:

Does anyone know is the inlet flapper usually located in the water bay behind the white panel where all of the controls are in the water bay ? That sound like it could be the issue. When you are running water through the system the water line connected to the hose reel when you grab it is vibrating. This is with the holding tank lever valve closed and the pump off.

Yes, The check valve is located at the city water input and is part of the assembly.

Rich. 

Doug.  Now is the time to call Joe and you both can take the water assembly apart !  Fix this, then go to #2.

Sunny, 45. I think if we had that two days in a row I would have been knocking on your door. :lol:

Snows all gone! Hopefully it stays that way.

Weather here is boring....58 to 62 in am, 75 to 80 in pm, drizzle here and there, the kind you don't mind walking in!  T/S periodically, knocks the dust down,  You would hate it!