painterbob62

Hurricane Hot Water System

We just purchased our 2000 Safari Serengeti with a Hurricane hot water system. It heats the water just fine but I can't seem to get heat out of the vents in the coach. The manual says there are two brass valves that need to be both set the same direction for winter ( hot water and heat ) or set for summer ( hot water only ).

The only valves I can find are under a hatch by the bed at the rear of the coach. I have tried turning them and have been able to see and feel the hot water moving through one of the lines but no heat and the lines going to the heater vents in the coach are not getting hot. I would really appreciate any help on this issue. I have several other issues as well but will save those for another time and topic.

Thank you,  Bob

Bob, each zone of your system has a solenoid valve. Now this may sound different, but if you can get a small hammer and lightly tap on each solenoid. They have tendency to stick. See if this helps.

Hurricane, Hydro Hot and Aqua-Hot units must be serviced every year and exercised once a month. This helps keep all parts loose and keeps the carbon from building up in the unit.

Herman

13 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Bob, each zone of your system has a solenoid valve. Now this may sound different, but if you can get a small hammer and lightly tap on each solenoid. They have tendency to stick. See if this helps.

Hurricane, Hydro Hot and Aqua-Hot units must be serviced every year and exercised once a month. This helps keep all parts loose and keeps the carbon from building up in the unit.

Herman

Thank you for the info. I will try to locate the solenoids and give it a try.

Bob if you Google Hurricane heaters you will find a series of You Tube videos by ITR the manufacturer aimed at you for trouble shooting purposes. I have the same problem... I have not had time to revisit the site. In my coach I have hot water there but no fans running hence no heat into the coach. ITR folks are very helpful as well and there is a US number   360 993 4877 

Last April of 2015, I had our Hurricane replaced with a Quantum MCS 55 XLT hydronic system at Rixen's Enterprises in Sandy,OR.

The Hurricane combustion chamber was completely distorted, circulation pump malfunctioned along with several other issues .The unit was in our 1999 Beaver Contessa . The new unit is now 1 year old and is an excellent upgrade since we are full-timers.It is very quiet, unlike the Hurricane.

Rixen's phone #  503-668-6090