marina53

Roof Repair on 2004 Monaco Knight

Hi,

The roof on our 2004 Monaco Knight needs to be repaired. The existing caulking is dry and cracked and we are getting some water inside the coach. What is best to use to seal the roof?

Thanks,

M&B

marina53.

My opinion; Dicor products work the best. (link below) every RV store I have ever been to has a rack of their products. I am assuming your roof is fiberglass? Either way you will need to clean off the old cracked product, clean the surface and reapply new sealant. It sounds harder than it is.  

I also use a tape product called Eternabond, which works great on flat surfaces like a seam.

http://dicorproducts.com/catalog/roof-products/replace/epdm-lap-sealants/

Here is a simple video link that show the basics. There is a video after that shows the tape installation. you will want to fix that ASAP before the water destroys the coach.

On 4/12/2016 at 9:27 PM, marina53 said:

Hi,

The roof on our 2004 Monaco Knight needs to be repaired. The existing caulking is dry and cracked and we are getting some water inside the coach. What is best to use to seal the roof?

Thanks,

M&B

Hello,

It's best to get rid of the lap sealant, self leveling caulking and replace with a 4" fiber backed seam tape that accepts a coating, then prime and coat with a quality rv roof coating.