Sign in to follow this  
john97301

Roadmaster tow Bar

I'm using a Falcon All terrain tow bar and have no complaints about it.  If I were doing it over, I'd likely go with the Sterling or perhaps the Blackhawk simply for the greater capacity to tow.  

Only time I had difficulty unhooking was on a slope and I couldn't get the release to let go.  Had to have wife nudge the car forward a tad to reduce the strain.  I'm considering upgrading my safety cables from the coiled standard ones to the quick release ones like the ones on the Sterling...I like the idea of the straight cables for ease of passing them through the cable slots on the bar.  The coiled ones work alright but seem to clutter the set up somewhat (nit picking).

Not taking anything away from any of the other companies, but I like Roadmaster.

I have the Sterling and it's now on the 3rd. DP.  No problems at all and each time I'm at a FMCA Rally, Roadmaster personnel come and service my system for free.  Last service  was at Perry, GA.!  The only thing I have replaced is the cable, twice, not for any visual reason, it's just something I do.

I have had other systems over the past 30 years and  their all good, I just prefer Roadmaster!