Daveht

HUD (Heads Up Display)

1 minute ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Rich, what does that cost?

Bill

There are different price ranges depending on what your are looking for. It is not inexpensive, but if it works and does what you want cost can become secondary.

Rich

2 minutes ago, DickandLois said:

There are different price ranges depending on what your are looking for. It is not inexpensive, but if it works and does what you want cost can become secondary.

Rich

I didn't think it would be cheap when they talk about flying in to do the installation at your site.

Bill

1 hour ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

I didn't think it would be cheap when they talk about flying in to do the installation at your site.

Bill

Might be worth a field trip to the factory! LOL

Rich.

It might be interesting if it was a true HUD. The only thing I saw was digital replacement instrument panels. Now a true HUD will project the image on a screen (usually plastic) so it is on the same plane as the driver's eyes Hence the heads up name as the driver wouldn't have to look down to see the instruments. The most advanced system is in the F-35 Raptor. The display is in the helmet. It displays a 360 global view around you. 

Bill

If we were going 600 knots, rather than 60 mph,  it might be useful...other wise...think I'll pass.

HUD will display all the same info that is on a Freightliner dashboard display except it will display it on the windshield.

That means temps for engine and transmission, pressures in air oil and tires from a tpms. All will be displayed on the windshield at a heads up level.

They are currently used in big rig trucks now and also diesel PU trucks.

Google and you will see.