Question

Mid August we will be going from Columbus, OH area on I-90 to Albany, NY and then the White Mountains of NH.  I've heard the Five Lakes area is beautiful and would like suggestions on what best to see and/or reasonable campgrounds in that area. Plus campgrounds bordering the lakes.  Thanks!

Jocelynn and Quico Power

28' Coachmen/Concord with tow

Gainesville, FL

1 answer to this question

Just before you reach Albany I-90 passes north of Cooperstown, NY, site of the Baseball Hall of Fame and a number of other museums.  You will be about 20 to 25 miles north of the town, the road trip will be a little longer.  If you are a baseball fan, this is a must see stop.  We spent a day in the Hall of Fame and didn't begin to see all that Cooperstown has to offer.  We found the campgrounds a little hard to find last summer so if you plan a stop here make reservations early.  I couldn't recommend any particular park.  The one where we stayed was out on a small road, glad we didn't meet any traffic going in or out.  There are quite a few parks around, some of them have baseball training camps for kids and there are numerous ball fields also in the area, ball games going day and night so there are plenty of young people.

Cooperstown sits at the south end of a fair sized lake so you might also find some of the lake scenery you are looking for.