We had a problem with Bosch Brakes on Workhorse Chassis. Specifically, sensors burned up, calipers were all scorched, rotors scored and showed of heat, pads had to be replaced. Happened at 31,500 miles. ABS light came on when we started engine and did not go off. This was the only sign that something was wrong. We had driven 70 miles - light traffic, no hard stops, level ground. We've had all calipers, rotors and sensors replaced and two pads replaced. We are curious about how many other RV owners have had similar problems. We understand there is an investigation under way by the NHTSA. Have not heard any other information thus far on results of the investigation.

carljudy

Took mine in for servicing last week to Apalachee RV Center and the guy asked me if my brakes had ever been lubed. I had never heard of lubing the brakes, so he showed me a Workhorse maintenance schedule and there it was. Prior to this coach, we had a Georgie Boy on a Workhorse chassis, and the brakes squealed like crazy. The Workhorse service manager said that was normal. The techs couldn't find anything wrong with the brakes.

Our coach is in for repair at this moment. I lost the brakes completely but I was towing a dingy with a Roadmaster braking system that help stop our coach. Yes if anyone has repairs now is WorkHorse going to pay for the this issue when the recall comes out in the fall.

Our coach is in for repair at this moment. I lost the brakes completely but I was towing a dingy with a Roadmaster braking system that help stop our coach. Yes if anyone has repairs now is WorkHorse going to pay for the this issue when the recall comes out in the fall.

Yes, any repairs paid for by you after November 2007 will be reimbursed by Workhorse. Keep your receipts!

Here is an excellent Workhorse Custom Chassis Service Bulletin Number: 50902â€I

Subject: Safety Recall 50901â€C Interim Repair Procedure

Models: All W20, W21, W22 Models Produced from July 24, 2000, through December 19, 2007, and Equipped with Bosch ZOPS or ZOHT Hydraulic Disc Brake Assemblies.

http://workhorse.com/Portals/0/50902-I%20B...L%209-23-09.pdf

Brett Wolfe

I have a total brake failure. wheels got hot melted ABS sensors,boiled brake fluidand many other things damaged. had to replace calipers turn rotors replace pads. cost me $3,250. after many phone calls and some very stressful confersations workhorse paid me $1,600. as for the ABS sensors workhorse paid allto have them replaced at a workhorse service center. then recieved the interim recall notice. I'm still waiting to have the cause of the problem. I would like to get the problem fixed . the replacement of the parts above does nothing to fix the problem because they don't have the parts to fix .STILL WAITING. workhorse just does not give a dam

Workhorse has issued a technical report to address last year's Bosch brake recall. It affected W20, W21 and W22 chassis that were made from July 24, 2000, through Dec. 19, 2007, and equipped with Bosch ZOPS or ZOHT hydraulic disc brake assemblies.

See Workhorse brake recall on FMCA.com.