Sign in to follow this  
mikepaddack

4th Of July In VT/NH

Question

We're leaving southern California on June 5th heading for the New England states and should be in Vermont/New Hampshire area around the 4th of July. 

We aren't planning to make any reservations on our trip because we don't know how long we'll stay at each stop. 

Any recommendations on where to stay if we can't find a RV park with openings around the holiday?

3 answers to this question

Mike, Having traveled the NE states and having lived up there the first 18 years of my life (It was an accident of birth) you should really try and get reservations on any weekends you plan on being in the area. Especially for the 4th of July.  The Northern states RV parks are season money makers and the workers are weekend campers.  The campgrounds fill up and are reserved well in advance May through September - and parts of October.

If you are able to make more trips I would count this trip as an excursion to see what areas you would like to spend more time at.  It has been our experience that one could spend a month in each state and still not see all the wonders of that state.  We have traveled several times from Texas to NE and Texas to West Coast and each time we have to make  a list of those areas we wish to go back to visit again and spend more time.  Being retired we do have a lot of flexibility.

We specifically travel to Massachusetts now as I still have family in Central Mass.  I am glad my brother has a driveway we can park in and use 120v electricity.  Trust me, we have visited every CG within 50 miles of his house and we would not stay at any of them - well maybe for one night.   I have heard a lot of good stories about Normandy Farms.  Others will come along with some other recommendations for that area.

We have stayed at the Freeport/Durham KOA. It was okay and it is about 8 miles from L. L. Bean flagship store.

We will be arriving at Del Mar Beach the day you depart for the Right Coast.

I believe it and glad I told you about it. You'd still be searching for a spot. It's silly but that is the way it is in NE.

Happy trails.