MaureenK

Drove With Parking Brake On

Too bad it's not a F53 chassis Ford with a cable controlled drive shaft brake. I have one of those parking brake units in my shed that works, I'd give it to her. 

Sorry for the delay! I've been doing a lot of driving and now am at my workkamping job in Colorado so internet has been sketchy.
Bottom line is that I left North Carolina for Indiana. A mechanic friend hooked me up with a Ford dealership in Brownsburg IN and they put it up on the lift but decided that although they had the ability to fix it, they didn't have the time or the parts to do the repair quickly. After several calls to places in and near Elkhart, someone suggested I call Kelley Chevrolet and RV in Ft. Wayne, IN.

Bingo! I feel like I found a RV fairy godmother! They recognized the problem and knew how to fix it. I had an appt for the following Monday morning. Upon arrival, I was met and directed to a level place to stop. As soon as I disconnected the toad, they pulled it into a bay and put it up on a lift. I had a diagnosis in less than 45 minutes. They replaced the worn brakes pads and explained that I should use the parking brake as an emergency brake only bc putting the transmission in park was sufficient. While waiting for parts, they installed the genny filters that I bought in Quartszite, installed new windshield wiper blades and installed the new tow plug that I also bought in Quartszite. I was out the door by 2 that day and the total repair plus the extras was under $500.