wildebill308

Now What?

I understand that you are trying to "upgrade" the forums. I just think it would be smart to post an explanation of what you are trying to do and how the new features can be used and how they are supposed to make things better. Some of the things that were rolled out "with no explanation" were removed when some questioned them. Some actually sounded interesting once explained but were already removed/modified. 

Now when using Chrome the site looks nothing like it does when using Internet explorer. I started to use Chrome because the "spell check" in internet explorer isn't working on this site. the tab for new content is now just the "page" icon and takes you to all the forums not a list of new content. Well it would be easier if someone viewed the site using Chrome and maybe all the main browsers to see if it is presenting the same. 

Waiting to see what the next change will be.

Bill

We don't own or develop the software, so we do not have a comprehensive list of changes and new features that accompany updates. The provider publishes a blog to announce new version releases, but much of the info pertains to back-end users - Admin, etc. So, you're left with feeling things out a bit.

I would stick with Chrome or Firefox browser, as they seem to present the forums with the least amount of issues.

In regard to New Content, see my post Unread Content - How to Go to First Unread Post.

Like I said my view is not the same as the one in your example when using Chrome. Internet explorer does look like your sample in the link. The easiest way to understand this issue would be to go to the web site from a non system computer using Chrome. This has just changed in the last couple of days.

Bill

Wayne,

If you don't like what you post :wub:, you can always report yourself to Todd. Them he can delete the post if he deems it inappropriate or sinister. (which we all know you can be :lol::lol:)

Herman   

On 4/25/2016 at 6:01 PM, ObedB said:

Chrome or Firefox / Windows  Browsers???  

Yes there are several browsers. Chrome is from Google and Internet explorer is from Microsoft. I don't know much about Firefox.

Well Todd, what is the status? Nothing has changed The forum still doesn't display like your link depicts. The headers are all missing or different when using Chrome as you recommended.

Bill 

5 hours ago, ObedB said:

Chrome or Firefox / Windows  Browsers???  

ObedB,

I'm a proponent of Firefox. I have used it on both Windows and MAC and it is the browser of choice. It has many add-ons that make it more attractive, like adblock plus and Ghostery (Both also available for other browsers) Just a matter of preference.  I also keep Safari and Chrome as a spare in case something doesn't work.  Not all programs are written for every browser so when there is a video that will not play on one or the other I just switch to one that does work for that video. It is not going to hurt the system to have both Firefox and Chrome on your system.  Personally, IE is just so filled with useless stuff, but again that is my opinion. I never liked it on the Windows machine either.

Edge is the newest browser from Microsoft and is included on Windows10, I don't like the look of the forum using Edge. I still use IE11 on my 10 machines, it is also included on 10, just go the search line, type in ie11, it will appear at the top of the search results, you can then right click and pin it to the start menu, or to the task bar.

Another issue for me, I open the "Notify Me"...it does not Notify...  B   Herman how do I contact you, site says I cannot send or you do not receive notes    B

So when are you going to fix the issues I posted about? So far no answer or response other than this one " We don't own or develop the software, so we do not have a comprehensive list of changes and new features that accompany updates. The provider publishes a blog to announce new version releases, but much of the info pertains to back-end users - Admin, etc. So, you're left with feeling things out a bit" 

REALLY???  So apparently it is to much trouble to post the applicable parts explaining the new features because we won't understand all that  technical stuff. You might be surprised what some out hear understand. 

"when using Chrome the site looks nothing like it does when using Internet explorer. I started to use Chrome because the "spell check" in internet explorer isn't working on this site. the tab for new content is now just the "page" icon and takes you to all the forums not a list of new content. Well it would be easier if someone viewed the site using Chrome and maybe all the main browsers to see if it is presenting the same." Nothing has changed. 

On 4/25/2016 at 7:18 PM, tmoning said:

I would stick with Chrome or Firefox browser, as they seem to present the forums with the least amount of issues.

Actually I think it is your job to make this site work in whatever browser I have. I absolutely believe it should work in the two top/most used browsers and it isn't my job to try to find a browser that works. You will note that as I posted it isn't working in Chrome your "recommended" browser nor is it working correctly in Internet Explorer.

Bill

7 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

The tab for new content is now just the "page" icon and takes you to all the forums not a list of new content. Well it would be easier if someone viewed the site using Chrome and maybe all the main browsers to see if it is presenting the same." Nothing has changed.

Can you post a screen capture or two from Chrome to show how that browser is rendering the forums for you?

Go to your Chrome settings and disable all of your extensions, and then see if you notice any difference. If that fixes the issue, reactivate the extensions one by one to see which one was the culprit. Or, if you have some type of ad-blocking software running, that might be causing the problem. Disable it.

I'm assuming you're using a recent version of Chrome. If not, you might want to update it.

1 hour ago, tmoning said:

Go to your Chrome settings and disable all of your extensions, and then see if you notice any difference. If that fixes the issue, reactivate the extensions one by one to see which one was the culprit. Or, if you have some type of ad-blocking software running, that might be causing the problem. Disable it.

I'm assuming you're using a recent version of Chrome. If not, you might want to update it.

Chrome is up to date and I am running no extensions. 

Why isn't spell check working in Internet Explorer?

Bill

I have the latest vershione ove IE 11 and it is updetrd autometricley. Interstinley it sayes there are no missee spellled wordes in this poste.

I do not think the problem is my computer as it was working just fine till your upgrade and continues to work fine on outher forums.

Bill

From the standpoint of an iPad user, I hoped that the upgrade would make my tablet more functional. In my case,  just a little bit and I do mean little! I own a Lenovo laptop and an HP desktop, but I almost never use them since buying the iPad. Based on Bill308's comments, I will leave them mothballed.