Skiptown

Lost Electrical Outlets In 2004 Sahara

All of our electrical outlets are dead and cannot find the fuse. We have a 2004 Sahara Safari and are on our first trip. Murphy's Law applies! Any suggestions would be welcomed!

Is this Your 110 volt outlets?

Check the GFI Button-- mostly at bathroom or kitchen locations.

Or check the reset button/breaker on the Inverter.

If you are on generator, check the breakers on the generator.

Hope this helps.

BTW ,Welcome to FMCA Forum .

Good Travels ,Old Marine

Skiptown, Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Have you tried to cycle the Salesman switch? I will turn off all the electrical circuits. The other common point is the Main circuit breaker(s) Do you have 120 volts when the generator is running?

Do you have 12 volt lights ?

Rich.

Thanks for the quick replies and welcoming us to the forum. We are in a campground and hooked up to their power source. Will try to reset inverter, already tried to reset GFI in the bathroom. Fun, fun! We newbies need lots of help :)

6 hours ago, Skiptown said:

All of our electrical outlets are dead and cannot find the fuse. We have a 2004 Sahara Safari and are on our first trip. Murphy's Law applies! Any suggestions would be welcomed!

Welcome to the forum. I am assuming they worked before, right? You have checked all the ground fault resets. I have one in the bay where the water hooks up. Did you check the power at the pedestal? Try resetting the circuit breakers on the pedestal. This would happen automatically if you have a surge guard. It could be the transfer switch. You could try starting the generator to see if you have power to the outlets. Next find your 120 circuit breaker box and check that you don't have a tripped circuit breaker.

Let us know what you find out.

Bill

Have a GF problem, too. 2011 Coachmen C 21QB. Only one GF outlet is not working. In the loft where TV plugs in. Reset button in bathroom...had no effect. Is there a second GF Reset/Test button somewhere?

Does the outlet in the loft where TV plugs in a gfi outlet? If it is, there should be a reset and test button on the outlet itself. Of course there are gf outlets downstream that are just regular outlets but controlled by a gfi breaker upstream. If the one in the bathroom when reset does not fix the problem then you should look elsewhere for another gfi outlet to reset. You should also look for a circuit breaker that could possibly be tripped in the coach breaker box in the event that the plug is not on a gfi circuit.

1 hour ago, Judeela said:

Have a GF problem, too. 2011 Coachmen C 21QB. Only one GF outlet is not working. In the loft where TV plugs in. Reset button in bathroom...had no effect. Is there a second GF Reset/Test button somewhere?

In the loft... is this above the driver's seat, or for a TV which can be seen from the driver's seat? If so, it might be an outlet which is powered only when the ignition switch is "off", but doesn't work when the ignition is in the "on" or "accessory" positions. That's the way ours is wired, and it confused me for a bit until I figured it out.

--Tim C.

On June 27, 2016 at 4:28 PM, tcolburn said:

In the loft... is this above the driver's seat, or for a TV which can be seen from the driver's seat? If so, it might be an outlet which is powered only when the ignition switch is "off", but doesn't work when the ignition is in the "on" or "accessory" positions. That's the way ours is wired, and it confused me for a bit until I figured it out.

--Tim C.

It's a bed loft...over cab.  There is a TV up there...but it can't be viewed from cab. So...doesn't seem it would be related to ignition override. When we're not using A/C...whether with shore power or generator, there is a fan plugged into that outlet.  

On June 27, 2016 at 3:16 PM, kaypsmith said:

Does the outlet in the loft where TV plugs in a gfi outlet? If it is, there should be a reset and test button on the outlet itself. Of course there are gf outlets downstream that are just regular outlets but controlled by a gfi breaker upstream. If the one in the bathroom when reset does not fix the problem then you should look elsewhere for another gfi outlet to reset. You should also look for a circuit breaker that could possibly be tripped in the coach breaker box in the event that the plug is not on a gfi circuit.

No reset on loft GFCI outlets...there are two, side-by-side. Only test I can find is in bathroom.  There is an outside entertainment unit. It's been suggested rain or wash water in it, may cause GFCI to trip...but, again, where would reset be?  We've never used outside entertainment unit...so don't know if it has power. Probably should check that, huh?

Judeela, Lets take a different approach to the problem. if you have something you can plug into each outlet, see what outlets are working in the same area or close that did work that now have no power.

There is a possibility of a loose connection at one of the duplex outlets, where there is power going in but no connection between it and the next outlet in the series. This kind of problem might require the help of a  service tech. Members of the Forum have no real knowledge of the skills and abilities of all the members. Let the group know what areas you feel comfortable working on.

Rich.

We have a GFI in a bay on the passenger side just in front of the duals.  Maybe check your bays.

Have you tried some of the Yahoo Safari Groups?  The Facebook Safari group? I think there are Sahara owners on all of them.

Conny

2000 Serengeti

On my '96 Safari Continental, there was an outlet in the bay where the inverter is located. This had a GFI that controlled all the outlets from one branch of the inverter. The associated problem is that a number of GFI's did not like square wave (modified sign wave) inverters, and would fail every couple of years. If you find a GFI that is causing the problem, and it fails again in a day or so (if it trips right away, it is likely doing it's job), you may have to replace the GFI.