jleamont

Cummins Fault Code Yellow Light On

We better watch out or the thread police will be on us.:rolleyes::P. You should get a hallmark from your coach two. since you have been fixing all the problems. 

Bill

Dang Joe, you are as smart as me. My anniversary is St. Paddy's day - hard to forget.

Both our birthdays are in July, mine before hers and she never forgets a card or gift - puts me right in the drivers seat to remember. 

Ah! The plans of mice and men.

Glad you got the sensors all figured out. I was expecting that when **** said there were four of them you would have retorted, "There were four!"

Well...look at the positive side....at least we all are happy chatty, not tearing each other up like the other RV forums, I guess

On 5/3/2016 at 8:56 PM, jleamont said:

Ugg!! They are in but I can't start it (need 15 quarts of transmission fluid for the hydraulic system). They were not near the starter per Cummins. They were on the front cover between the compressor and fuel injection pump (I found them with my bore scope). I pulled the compressor with the hydraulic pump attached to it (required a 2" open end wrench) removed the hydraulic tank, mud flap, exhaust tail pipe and slid the compressor back and down so I could stuff my hand back there to feel them. So I had to replace them blind. The connectors were spaced out with a plastic clip so they remained together (I was talking to myself with the clip it did make them hard to disconnect) No way to mix them up. Surprisingly they both came out with little effort. Neither Ohmed the same as the new ones and one had a bulge on the magnet face. Fingers crossed no leaks from the compressor mounting and the fault code goes from hard fault to memory so I can clear it. If it wasn't for Monaco's large rear engine bay doors it would have been nearly impossible to accomplish. 

Not a job for most to attempt. It took me 3 hours to do.  

Jleamont, thanks for sharing your information. 

I am staring down my 350 , ISC, gulping and getting ready to dive in to replace my sensors.

Question! Did you drain coolant so you could remove coolant lines from compressor? And did you loose any oil when pulling it back ? 

Im starting tomorrow by removing the Hydro Tank, to get at it. 

15058286255661877669771.jpg

I didn't remove the coolant lines, just pulled it back enough for it to drop down so I could reach up for sensor access. Some oil did drop out, it drained from within the compressor itself, the return oil port is right there, so when it's tilted it all comes out. I also got lucky, the metal/neoprene gasket wasn't damaged upon removal, I reused it.

one tip; remove the screw and spin the sensors slightly to unseat the o-rings then Continue to rock them up and down while pulling outward.

JLEAMONT, 

Got her done!

Thanks for your info., it was encouraging. It made me realize two things,#1. I can still do it! #2. Gettin too old for it.....Lol