royclem

Progressive Insurance

Does anyone use Progressive Insurance company, and if so how do you like it? I got a quote and it's much lower than the company I have now.

We use our MH less than 150 days a year so that's why its lower. The insurance company we have  now doesn't have that option.

Is it a good Idea to use that program or should I go for a Full Policy?

I have Progressive, but I just moved over to them from Good Sam's this January so I can't really comment.  The price for me was about the same, but I get a bit warmer fuzzy feeling of security with Progressive (perhaps without reason) and the coverage was a tad better.

Maybe Flo just makes you feel safer.:P I have Allstate, been thinking of changing, sometimes I think Mayhem is following me. :wub:

I've had Progressive  since 2011 and filed my first claim last month. I had to have my windshield replaced do to damage. If every claim is handled like this, Progressive will be the leader in RV insurance.

I just switched to State Farm which allows me to put the liability on hold when I am not using the coach.  Former (Nationwide subsidiary) carrier would not allow that - saved me some money.

lenp

I use progressive. A couple years ago we were parked in Arkansas and a big hail storm came through.  The hail was a little bigger than golf ball size.  There was $19,000 damage to the motorhome and progressive never blinked an eye.  I will need a new windshield after this next trip and I'm sure they will come through again.

p.s., that included a new roof.

Progressive since 2003. Had 2 windshields and damage from a deer hit in those years. Absolutely great service. I have requoted coverage against others every 3 years and they still have the best rates.

Glad to hear about the service from Progressive.  Have had them for two years (though USAA), with no claims.  Have had less than good experiences with a company in the past. 

I've gotten to the point where service is as important as price - if not more so.

I've had Progressive auto insurance for nearly a decade and Progressive RV insurance for five years (four years for my former travel trailer and now one year for my motorhome).   Progressive's service for lower cost claims (windshield replacements, bumper repair for damage caused by an unknown someone in a parking lot, etc.) for my vehicles was fantastic!  My vehicle service experience is why I selected Progressive for RV insurance.  Also, Progressive offers a nice price discount when bundling auto and RV insurance together.    Fortunately I have not had the need to submit an RV insurance claim (knock on wood!) for either my former travel trailer or current motorhome.  My presumption is Progressive would provide the same great service for an RV insurance claim as they did for my auto insurance claims.

I "shop" auto and RV insurance prices each year and find that Progressive is always competitive with other providers thus I've not found a compelling reason drop Progressive insurance.

Purchased our 38' 2003 Allegro Bus Dec 2015.  After extensive research, decided on Progressive since it was competitive with others.  More importantly, offered a zero deductible on windshield replacement for a reasonable cost.  We planned a trip to Alaska from Georgia, May-Oct 2016, anticipating the need for windshield replacement.  10 minutes from our house, a 14" lateral crack was discovered on the driver's side windshield.  What a way to start a trip!  Immediately made a call to Progressive who coordinated replacement to coincide with a few day stay near Rapid City SD. Replacement went without a hitch and we went on our merry way.  Their customer service was top notch, calling back to match up glass type and ensure we were taken care of.  Were told the cost of the window glass, crating of same, transportation and installation came to $1,300.  We paid ZERO.  The entire yearly premium for the rig was $1,250.  We are staying with Progressive. BTW-Have made it all the way through Alaska, now in Dawson Creek, BC on our way home via Wisconsin and Michigan (relatives) and have not experienced a crack, although we had a turkey vulture and several birds slam into the windshield.  The turkey vulture was rather gruesome, parts sticking to the MH windshield for most of the day until we could clean. 

patron.

Bet that vulture smelled.  Had it gone into coach, you would be walking now! :lol:  Had one crash into a Company car about 30 years ago...Insurance totaled the car! :o:P

Wish I could pay $1,250 a year for full coverage and 0 deductible...:(

We have national interstate. With Deminishing deductible. Better price then progressive. Had a claim for windsheild no problem fixed quickly. I have a $100.00 deductible on glass but almost all glass companies eat deductible for the job. 

Carl and Margaret 

2004 American tradition 

2013 Honda CR-V

n.b.

For insurance pricing comparison, this is the declarations page from my current Progressive policy.  Not shown on this page is the $97 premium to cover damage to whatever may be towed behind the motorhome. 

Hope this info helps the discussion.

I use progressive and the only claim I have made was for a windshield and they were outstanding. I opted for the 0 deductible and am happy I did.

Currently have Progressive, liability only...just had a fender bender (no such thing in a MH, even at slow walking speed) following the directions of parking volunteers at Shawnee, OK.)  my back end clipped another coach mirror...I ended up with his mirror embedded in rear of coach and about $ 3-5K of damage to me, less than $1K to him...Progressive on the spot on a Sunday.  He's taken care off...my "dime" on me! :):(  First RV accident for me in 48 years of Class A's....all I can do is hope for another 48 years! :lol::lol:

Carl 

On 5/6/2016 at 6:39 AM, royclem said:

Does anyone use progressive insurance company, and if so how do you like it. I got a quote and it's much lower than the company I have now. We use our MH less than 150 days a year so that's why its lower. The insurance company We have  now doesn't have that option is it a good Idea to use that program or should I go for a Full Policy?

I live in Mass. and have Progressive insurance also. The rate seems reasonable, and I like the full replacement cost if totaled. But, have not had to file a claim yet. So can not say if I like Progressive or not. As for the 150 days or less, does that mean your coach is not insured for a part of the year? If so I would not do it. 

j, 

In most cases when you contact your  insurance company  and "put your coach in storage" which means you won't be taking it on the road, it only stops your  Liability coverage but keeps your Comprehensive coverage in place. So even though you want be on the road you will still be covered in case of fire or weather related damage.

Only a few companies have such coverage. 

Herman 

On 9/21/2016 at 9:57 AM, j42250 said:

I live in Mass. and have Progressive insurance also. The rate seems reasonable, and I like the full replacement cost if totaled. But, have not had to file a claim yet. So can not say if I like Progressive or not. As for the 150 days or less, does that mean your coach is not insured for a part of the year? If so I would not do it. 

No. the insurance  is year round-- don't need to stop liability. Don't know how they know how much you use it unless they go by miles. this year We've only used it 20 days,

unfortunately, still hoping to get some fall camping in. maybe FLA  for a week.

The first question I asked was, "is my motor Home  and Me covered all Year" their answer was yes as long as you use less than 150 days a year. Again no Idea how the know how much it's used

:wub:Maybe a time and date stamped, motion detected hidden camera placed on the sideview mirror.;) Seriously though, most rely on an honor system.

Goes right along with the question:  How many miles do you drive per year?  Both are silly, in regards to any form of non-commercial transportation! :(:rolleyes:

My opinion.

Carl 

I just got a quote today and they came in $300 cheaper than the company AAA  used (not sure who). 

We've had Progressive before on our autos and it seems they kept raising the rates every year until we could easily get way below them with a major insurance company.  Do they do the same thing on RV insurance?

9 minutes ago, rickkins said:

....We've had Progressive before on our autos and it seems they kept raising the rates every year until we could easily get way below them with a major insurance company.  Do they do the same thing on RV insurance?...

In a word, yes...every year.

Thanks for the reply.

I thought that might be the case - seems they get you initially with the low rates and then start raising their rates until you leave them.

All of them do that.  Don't stay because of Brand name, agent or office is local.  I check around every 2 years.  Especially after a major weather event, I live in Texas and don't want to pay for Matthews in Carolina!

Carl