royclem

Progressive Insurance

I live in N.C. and My premium went up $200 due to Matthew's when I ask them why my premium jumped so much. Never got a better answer out of them. Still using them, never had a claim, they were still reasonable . Will recheck next year.

Grindy.  Welcome!

It would help everyone if you would list:  Make, year, model of what you insured.

Carl

Good agents will explain that carrying 0 deductible on comprehensive is very inexpensive. That covers windshields, theft, vandilism, and . In some states it covers hitting a deer, anything not collision related. My comprehensive even replaced a driveshaft, transmission, and computor in a truck for me a few years back. The only part they did not cover was an universal joint which was the first piece that broke. Insurance laws vary from state to state. A good agent will go over all this and be sure you are fully covered with no suprises when you need it. I highly recommend shopping agents instead of rates. All agents are not the same, even though they are representing the same company. Carry all your insurance needs with the same agent. Great service lingers sweetly a lot longer than a cheap price. Over the years my agent has saved me thousands & thousands of dollars not to mention my sanity.

You can get a much better rate with Progressive if you go to an agent and have him/her shop for you.  Progressive through USAA is high.

FIVE.  I know, and that is the reason I went with my card game buddy, he is a Progressive owner/agent and so is his daughter.  My bill was cut by $1,880 !  Bill told me, there is a 23% kick back to USAA.  The USAA of 55 years ago, 25 years ago, is no comparison for USAA today!  Today they will take any rank from E-1 up!  Used to be an officer!  Times have changed and we don't have the draft no more! 

I have not had that problem with Progressive, I have used them for nearly 3 years and have seen very little change in my yearly premium.

Roland

4 hours ago, manholt said:

FIVE.  I know, and that is the reason I went with my card game buddy, he is a Progressive owner/agent and so is his daughter.  My bill was cut by $1,880 !  Bill told me, there is a 23% kick back to USAA.  The USAA of 55 years ago, 25 years ago, is no comparison for USAA today!  Today they will take any rank from E-1 up!  Used to be an officer!  Times have changed and we don't have the draft no more! 

Agree, USAA has changed a lot since I joined in the 60s...and not for the good.

Strange renewal with progressive....going from direct with Progressive to Good Sam Progressive, same coverage, $150 less.  Go figer

Progressive raised my rate (in FL) 21% but could not explain why.  Only comment was all rates were raised due to the increased number of claims. I did not have one by the way, nor any tickets. Strange.