Sign in to follow this  
mikerodg

Freedom 2000 Inverter Blinking Light

I have a Freedom 458 series Combi inverter/charger. I believe it is model 20. It was a remote control system inside the coach that is a Xantrex.

The overtemp light is blinking on my inverter and the cooling fan is running.

This just started within the last week. The manual says it could be a short in the system.

I have 4 6v Interstate batteries that are 2-3 years old. I've checked the house batteries and they take a charge. They are testing at fair when discharged. I've topped off with distilled water. I disconnected the house batteries to shut the inverter off in the hopes it would re-boot itself when I re-connected. No luck same problem exists.

Recently I changed out the fog lights for led's. They work fine. A couple of months ago I changed the 3 wall sconces. The 12v system was disconnected. They work fine. The 12v system in the coach seems to be working fine.

Added this to post 5/8/16: I am not connected to shore power. The inverter will not turn off when I press the charge button. Both 20 & 15 breakers are off. I will check for obstruction around the vent fan.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,

Mike

03 Tiffin Phaeton

Edited by Mikerodg
reply to comments

Mike,

Have you checked for dirt, dust, debris or personal gear obstructing air flow to the Inverter?  Particularly if in a basement, easy to get restricted air flow.

And, does this happen only when inverting or also when you are on shore power and inverter/charger is charging the batteries and passing through 120 VAC?

Mike, Disconnect the coach from shore power, then check and see if the inverter is running. You will have 120 volts on 2 of the ac power circuits circuits.

Most often one circuit powers the bathroom, dining area  and the driver's area of the coach. The other powers the kitchen and the outlets for the entertainment equipment.

If you do have power then turn off the inverter by pressing the charge button.That should turn off the inverter.

Before reconnecting to shore power measure the battery voltage of the coach / house batteries. What are you reading. Then after 15 min. measure them again. Did the voltage drop and by how much?

Rich.