andyshane

Looking For Replacement Tile For Monaco, Beaver, Safari

I'm in search of the 18" Aspen Lodge "Morning Breeze" tile found in mid-2000 Monacos, Beavers and Safari coaches.

Does anyone have unwanted spares -- maybe you now have an upgraded floor -- or a source for the tile? It is made by Daltile, AL-60 18181P.

There are online sources, but each shows that the item is no longer in stock.

Not sure when Monaco parent company changed; but Habegger Flooring, 1337 Village Green Drive, Decatur, IN 46733, PH=260-724-2180 does special flooring for all the Monaco, Fleetwood, Holiday Rambler motor homes built in Indiana.  The owner helped me when I replaced the flooring in our motor home.

I have a 2007 HR Imperial that had tile damage from water intrusion from the kitchen slide. I was unable to find replacement tiles to march the original. I replaced all tile with a luxury vinyl tile replacement. The tile we chose has a stone look with grout lines between the tiles. I am very happy with this as I will not have to worry about cracked tiles in the future. Contact classic coach works in Ormond Beach Fl if you are unable to find your tile they can give you ideas on replacement of your tile.

It is more than unlikely that you will find any I think it is an odd ball size too. I have a bunch of cracked tile as well and will face that project soon enough too. I am wondering if using something like the Schluder Ditra mat under the tile would work in a coach. It creates a floating floor but the continued/sustained movement might be a bigger problem. Eliminating the tile all together would eliminate a lot of weight for sure and dishes would bounce on the linoleum or wood floor.

Bill Edwards

Andy,

We have extra tiles.  Before I dig them out are yours 18" diagonal or square?  Ours are 18" diagonally measured.

Blake

Bill E.  18" is not odd ball.  I had them on my 07' Tour and the 11' Allegro Bus 36'.  Most new coaches today have 18" diagonal....18" square, I have never seen!  My current pattern is 12" square, 4" square and 2" square.

We have an appointment with Ernie to have our tile and carpet changed out to wood flooring.  Thus, the spare tiles are available to anyone that can use them.

Blake

Carl,

Back a ways, I think mine are 11 inches square, pretty odd. Likely have changed since. Makes a lot  more sense using standard sizes.  

Bill E

I just love Custom made, with no thought for the future!  When I had my first house on Galveston, I had it built and used a  interior design group...they where very good, but had one flaw, They kept coming up with Custom built stuff!  It was all great stuff, but I kept rejecting it.  One day I told them that I had to think of the next buyer in the future, figured that would stop them, it didn't.  I agreed one time, they wanted a friend to come in and paint me a mural on my dinning room wall...WOW !  It was like sitting in a salt water aquarium, I loved it. 

I bought my current house in Feb 07' and after 14 months of remodeling, by the same guys who did my first one...I placed the other house up for sale, gone in 3 days!  bought by friends of the decorators.  It could also have backfired! 

You would love my garage, under the house, climate controlled and it will hold 4 full size p/ups and 3 motor cycles along with 3, 12' work benches. 

On 8/2/2016 at 7:15 AM, blakeloke said:

We have an appointment with Ernie to have our tile and carpet changed out to wood flooring.  Thus, the spare tiles are available to anyone that can use them.

Blake

I have a 2006 Windsor.  I do not know if they used the same tile.  I live in Willis.  Please call 936-856-7112

Carl,

Sorry for the delayed response.  I didn't see your question until this morning.  Not sure what style of wood yet.  We'll go shopping with Ernie once we get up there.  I think we want hand scraped and something to match the cherry wood cabinets.

Blake