roadking

Over The Air TV

I recently changed out the old tube TV for a LCD flat screen, what a difference in not only viewing pleasure but also how quiet the ride is going down the road over bumps. However we are having problems with reception. When the TV is turned on initially it shows no program then about a minute or 2 later it comes on, it will pick up a channel that is crystal clear but will display a big box on the screen saying "scrambled", it's also in and out more than the old TV.

I'm thinking its a weak or bad tuner in the new TV but of course Visio doesn't think so. Has anyone had anything similar after converting?

BTW the TV in the back using the digital to analog converter works fine.

Have you upgraded your antenna? Digital TV's don't just get fuzzy when the signal is weal the go blank.

Have you checked the settings in the TV?

Done the channel search?

Bill

Yes when going down the road, digital TV's on antennas, especially on directional antennas the signal will tend to go in and out. Digital TV's use an error correction code, software built into the tv that helps correct for bitt loss, when the signal has been lost too long, and the buffer has depleted, you will experience outages that appear in different ways than an old analog set. A signal booster can help sometimes, and there are stronger and weaker signal boosters available, but as Bill pointed out I would start with the antenna.

Yep antenna was upgraded when all you could receive was digital, did a channel search, several times, signal booster was on. Didn't mean we were watching TV going down the road just that with the reduction in weight in the front cabinets it is a lot quieter, less rattle. It's just strange that when it works it's great, problem is it will for no reason stop and the TV in the back works fine. 

How old is the coax, and is it RG6, or RG59, also are you using the connection switch that probably was installed when your coach was built. Since the tv in the rear works fine, then the wireing/coax or switch may wave a bad connection. For a test, I would put a splitter at the back tv, and run a known good coax across the floor to the front unit to eliminate the above possibilities. 

The input cable comes in up front to a splitter that then goes to the different TV's. Not sure which cable is there, but the input cable and the one that goes to the rear TV are the same, the cable to the front one is new. What or you referring to about with the connection switch? 

Again thanks for your help.