ronandsue74

Duo-Therm Fan Not Working

My rear Duo-Therm roof air conditioner fan motor does not come on.

I can here the air conditioner compressor come on but the blower fan does not.

Is the suspect issue the motor starter capacitor? If so what is the test procedure. What else might be causing this?

Thank you,

RJ 2005 CC Inspire #51264

Ron, Checking the Motor shaft is free turning is a good start. With the weather cover off, you should notice an access cover. Behind this cover is where the run,start caps and motor starter are hiding. Remove all 120 volt power from the coach. Look key no touch he, the cap connections - they can place you on you bottom side. They can be discharged using a grounding cable. I use a screw driver and a good clip lead for that job. With the lead grounded and the other end clipped to the screw driver, place one hand in a belt loop hold the screwdriver by the plastic handle and tap the cap connection terminals. NO spark then they where discharged, Should you get a spark and you turn pale or the hart is racing = your not cutout to do this job.

Oil filed cap should not be leaking, so it you see oil around the cap or caps are bad. The other thing to check is the connections. The wires can have melted ends or corrosion.

Please work safe and if height bothers you and the thought on a shocking experience does not sound appealing, its not where you should be.

There are are 12 volt relays between the control panel and the Ac units - that connect 120 volts to the motors.

Rich.   

Went to the coach today, fired up the rear air conditioner to check it out and it fired up and worked just fine. 

Input on what's going on appreciated. 

Rj

2005 inspire #51264. 

Ron, by chance - do you know if there was a difference in the line voltage? and was the AC the only load the when the fan did not start ? 

The only item other then that could be the 12 volt relay connection or relay contacts. Then - Maybe if the system was in auto cool and the interior temperature was below the set temperature of the thermostat..

When the compressor has been running That motor will have issues starting because of high side pressure, but that would not explain the fan motor starting.

Rich.

Hi All,

I'm having the same problem with my rear AC. Compressor runs and fan does not. Also the ac unit runs even when the thermo is in the off position. I moved this unit from the front ( where it worked fine ) to the rear spot and put a new 15k Brisk Air II up front. The new one works fine. I checked the wire set up and they are both wired the same way. A 12 volt relay was mentioned. Where would I look for the relay ? Is it in the control box ? The only way to shut off the AC is to shut off the 120 volt breaker in the panel.

Bob  

2000 Safari Serengeti 4006

Bob, Kind of missed your post ! Been riding around in the coach and talking more then reading.

There is a board located in the Roof AC unit with the relays. Think if you remove the inside cover, think you will see the diagram.

Duo Therm Service manual link- hope it helps. if it is you make and AC system

http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/ccc.pdf

Rich.