Sign in to follow this  
lesettinger

Tracstar With Direct TV

Dish Network has done similar things to their signals. My older Winegard SD I dome would no longer support the Dish signal. Winegard made an offer to customers affected by this with a very good discount on a new or re-manufactured SK 1000. I took it in a heart beat. I had been looking at that unit and through their offer I saved several hundred dollars. At the same time I talking to Dish and they replaced my receiver. I now can watch HD/TV in the coach.

Herman    

On June 5, 2016 at 9:11 PM, lesettinger said:

For several months I no longer am able to receive non HD tv. I am hearing that Direct TV has made changes. Tracstar no longer supports any known fix?  

Unfortunately with the protocol (signal transmission) changes that are and have been going on with both DirecTv and DishNetwork it is very likely your Tracstar will not be able to be up dated to support the new protocol.

No changes have been made by DirecTV that would effect the operation of your Trac Star antenna.  If you are having reception problems it would be the antenna itself for an issue with the cabling between.  This assumes you are using the same DirecTV receiver that has worked properly in the past and you have not changed any settings or used it with another antenna.