tbussche

T Mobile Service In The Canadian Maritimes

Going to the Canadian Maritime for 6 weeks starting the middle of June.  How is the phone and data coverage for T Mobile?  They have the best rates by far for international travel.

tbussche, Welcome to the forum!

Looks like you have looked into the mobile planes for out of country traveling. Always a good idea !!! Voice and data cost can be very expensive with out them.

Regarding coverage, you could see if T mobile has a web page where you can type in a zip code and get coverage information. Trick is finding zip codes when in another country.

Most carriers cover the main Rt's well and larger metropolitan areas as well. Rural areas can be spotty anywhere. High ground reception will be better the lower areas and valley's. 

Off Subject note ! Remember to get a Canadian insurance card for the coach. They are free just need to ask them to email you a copy - print it out and carry it with your other documentation. 

Rich.

1 hour ago, hermanmullins said:

Rich,

Can you explain the Canadian Insurance Card. Do you have to go through your Insurance Carrier? 

Herman

Talk to your insurance man. I had them email me the info and I printed it out. When you get near the border shut off the "data" on your phone. You can pick up a Canadian tower and not know it. All those things that update automatically could cost you. In Canada data is my the Meg not the Gig. I waited till I had wifi and could use that for any data, such as internet. 

Bill

Herman, Bill covered it well. Yes it comes from the company that insures the coach, Now! if you have a different carrier for the car get one from that company as well !When in Canada, they like the Canadian paperwork, all it is is prof of insurance. No cost to the insured owner and like Bill said they can send you the paper work in PDF format and all you need to do is print it out - if there are any questions they can make inquiries. 

Rich.

Living as close to the boarder as we do, everyone kind of takes the information automatically.