oldgrape

Replacement Furniture Source In Elkhart

Howdy All,

We are planning a trip up to Elkhart to look around for new Captains Chairs and maybe a new recliner type couch for our 06 Winnebago Tour. Previous owners were a little rough on the furniture. I previously bought a new couch from http://shop4seats.com/ and are very pleased with the quality and price but can't try out the chairs from an on-line source. With that in mind we are combining a one week jaunt to get away with a trip to Elkhart. I have read that some places there have "Take-Out" furniture from new coaches. Can any one provide some recommendations of where to look there?

There is a couple of salvage yards just north of Elkhart in Michigan.  They are in White Pigeon, Bontragers RV surplus parts.  I can't remember the name of the other one but it might be Johnsons, its a few miles west of the other one, on US 12.

I installed new Tahoe middle row seats as captains chairs.  I used the middle row seats because they have arm rests on each side and they recline and have a pocket on the back.  They are very comfortable on long drives.

Oldgrape,

Search "recliners" on this Forum.  Take a look at the double recliners Joe (Jleamont) installed in his coach.

Blake

med_gallery_39881_538_1600010.jpg

Bradd and Hall are a Flexsteel distributor in Elkhart. Mastercraft Furniture in Shipshewana has new captains chairs of their own manufacture sold through their showroom. We bought new upholstery material from Mastercraft and had our Flexsteel OEM captains chairs redone for about 1/2 the price of new Flexsteel seats by a employee of the Mastercraft plant who does that work after hours.

On 6/12/2016 at 7:12 AM, blakeloke said:

Oldgrape,

Search "recliners" on this Forum.  Take a look at the double recliners Joe (Jleamont) installed in his coach.

Blake

med_gallery_39881_538_1600010.jpg

I have a 2015 Newmar Ventana 4037 that has a TV on the passenger out side which means I have a 4 inch raised wooden box or cover under my existing sofa. Can this system be adjusted to fit in this space?

CharlieRV, Welcome to the FMCA forum!

That set up is customizable when ordered. Give them a call 800-454-1801

Web site link; https://shop4seats.com/

Depending on the size and placement of the cabinet it might work. There is a bunch of space behind them down low.