captaingary

Norcold Refrigerator

I'm in the same boat.  I just ordered a residential unit to replace the Norcold.  Seems there has been an unusual amount of failurers in the last few days.

Jim

Wow, there has been a huge amount of failures in the past two weeks. That is the same way ours started to go, I think it went maybe another 7 days of use before it stopped completely.

About four years ago I had the same problem refrigerator would not get cold,freezer was fine. It was determined that the door seals were bad. The problem is that you can't replace just the seals, you have to replace the entire door which was very expensive. I was still covered on an extended warranty and for about $700.00 I replaced the entire unit.

We too are having to replace our Norcold 1200 4 door unit.  Seems like the heating element over heated and fused itself to the cooling unit.  The repair facility suggested replacing the entire unit as to not do so might cause another failure due to the door seal issue.   We were not able to get the warranty to cover the expense.  Question to Mable - what warranty company do you use?

I posted somewhere else but I'll post again here:

I had a problem with the thin door seals tearing. I used black Gorilla tape and carefully taped the tears overlapping the tape to both sides of the seal. Unit is 8 years old and still going good. Knock on wood.

Wayne,

On our last coach I used awning repair tape to do the same thing. Was still in place after 6 years when we traded the coach. Never had to redo it. If my 1200 has a tear, I'll do the same thing again.