Pungoboy64

Bent Roller On Patio Awning

I am a new RV owner and last night we had a huge storm that filled my awning with water and bent the roller about 4", Is this thing destroyed or can I straighten it out or do I need a new one.  Help

Boy64,

Welcome to the Forum.

Most roller are extruded aluminum tubes. Most can't be straightened when  bent. 

A bit more information on your coach, make  and model. Also make and model of you awning.

What you might do is try looking for an RV RV salvage company in your area andfind a used roller.

Good luck,

Herman 

Thanks Herman We have a 2002 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 38PBT , I'm not sure about the awning will have to check it when I get home. It must have really poured as I did have a slant on it for run off and I slept right through it and didn't hear a thing.

8 hours ago, Pungoboy64 said:

Thanks Herman We have a 2002 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 38PBT , I'm not sure about the awning will have to check it when I get home. It must have really poured as I did have a slant on it for run off and I slept right through it and didn't hear a thing.

Welcome to the forum. One of those hard learned lessons. I have made it my plan to run the awning in if I am not setting under it. Never leave the coach with it out. I have seen big winds come up with no warning.

Is the bend sharp or gradual over the length of it? If it is gradual you might be able to straighten it enough to be usable till you find another/replacement. If it is a real sharp bend, its bent.

Bill