williames

Entry Door Handle-- Light?

I recently purchased a 2005 HR Ambassador.

Can anyone tell me if the clear assist handle next to the entry door lights up when touched?

Trying to make repairs to non working devices.

Thanks

williames,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum!

Got to think it is on whenever the step switch is turned on. A touch to light assist handle might be difficult to see in a low or unlighted area.

Rich.

We have a Monaco, 2004.  If the Holiday Rambler is similar to ours, the lighted handle lights up with the porch light.  When you turn on the porch light the handle illuminates.  If it isn't lighting up, you can get a replacement light unit.  Contact Monaco (Holiday Rambler) Customer Service (877-466-6226).

I've replaced ours once, not a difficult job, takes 5 to ten minutes.

williames,

Both of ours were not working on our HR (2002 Imperial) They were simple to change the bulbs and cheap. Link below:

https://www.amazon.com/ITC-86430-LED-ASSEM-DB-Replacement-IllumaGrip/dp/B00K779EH6/ref=pd_lpo_263_bs_t_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=9AX7D3X3CD3MP5QXV3R5

Just remove the handle from the wall or staircase, you will have two wires coming out of one end, unplug or cut, take that end chrome cap off and the bulb pulls out. If you search around they are now available in several different colors.

Ours are wired to the porch light switch. Just be sure to caulk around the handle upon installation so you do not create any water leaks on the outside handle.

2 hours ago, jleamont said:

williames,

Both of ours were not working on our HR (2002 Imperial) They were simple to change the bulbs and cheap. Link below:

https://www.amazon.com/ITC-86430-LED-ASSEM-DB-Replacement-IllumaGrip/dp/B00K779EH6/ref=pd_lpo_263_bs_t_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=9AX7D3X3CD3MP5QXV3R5

Just remove the handle from the wall or staircase, you will have two wires coming out of one end, unplug or cut, take that end chrome cap off and the bulb pulls out. If you search around they are now available in several different colors.

Ours are wired to the porch light switch. Just be sure to caulk around the handle upon installation so you do not create any water leaks on the outside handle.

Glad you posted that link. I am on the road and noticed last night my light wasn't working. 

Bill

I thought it would be a big deal Monaco told me you must replace the entire handle for $150.00 each, so like everything else I took it apart to see how it worked and found them on line.

One handle was hard to separate but with some spray oil and determination it came apart, there are O-rings on the tube top that were stubborn on the outside handle.

On 6/21/2016 at 7:25 AM, WILDEBILL308 said:

Glad you posted that link. I am on the road and noticed last night my light wasn't working. 

Bill

I removed the handle and there was no wires for power. Guess the Ambassador is a cheaper model that doesn't light. Thanks Bill

1 hour ago, williames said:

I removed the handle and there was no wires for power. Guess the Ambassador is a cheaper model that doesn't light. Thanks Bill

Makes me wonder if I am supposed to have a light. I am not tearing into it til I get home.

Bill