f432347

Onan Stops After 1 Minute

05 Onan 750 m/n hdkaj stops after 1 minute. Am leaning to temp sensor. Is temp sender the same thing located near the thermostat? 3 primary and 3 secondary fault codes, both blinking at the same rate.

Bob in Fort Myers fl.Well here is the fix. changed thermastat and temp sensor located in thermastat housing. When I removed the temp sensor/sender the end of the sender broke off so I stufed a rag on a wireso not to loose it and drove the rest of it down into where my rag was and retreved the broken part. It seamed to be realy inpacted with yuck that had hardened and just the verry end of the sender was touching the watter. Maby disimiler metals caused this I don't know but it runs good know. Oh yeah changed lower hose to watter pump,don't recomend this to aney one, it's a BITCH 

Edited by F432347
FIX FOUND

Welcome to the forum Bob,

Apologies for being elementary, but do you have greater than 1/4 tank of fuel?  Most diesel pusher generators will not run if fuel level is less than 1/4 tank.  Not sure what coach you have.

Blake

Could you post the Codes you are reading ? What is the Coolant level? Have you just changed the coolant?

What is the oil level ? Does it shutdown without any load?

Does everything work OK on shore power?

Rich.