gelsw

Petoskey Motorcoach Resort-Michigan

Staying at this resort and loving it. Beautiful grounds and area, huge lots, next to Little Traverse Bay. Mostly class A's, no shouldering fires all night and I can ***BREATH***. As we drove into town last night Nancy said the area reminds her of an upscale Maine.

Gary and Nancy

Just got back from Charlevoix, had lunch at the Weathervane. Fantastic food and the Michigan Mojito is cherry based. Going back tomorrow with more time and better walking shoes. Cloudless blue sky and 69°, a perfect day. Oh yes, a beautiful 15 minute drive down the coast.

With the fires out west and the heat everywhere we are going back to Michigan this time. Anyone know of similar parks in other areas of Michigan? Plan on seeing a lot more of the whole state and than maybe the Lake Superior loop drive. 

Need big rig friendly parks.....

Gary, Nancy, Molly the Labradoodle and Miss Kitty the 3 legged Siamese cat who rescued us.

Update, the park is not the same as it was a couple years ago. They have put in numerous trailers and even a double wide. Motorcycles roaring around without mufflers ignoring the noise rules and getting away with it. This is no longer a Class A resort. Not a place you may want to bring your half million $ coach.

It still has wide lots and plenty of maneuvering room, but don't expect a Class A resort.

10 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

We are at the Petosky KOA. Very nice. Leaving tomorrow for Mill Creek. We are in Site #2 an good afternoon shade.

Its on my list for when we eventually get to Michigan. DW wont go, even in summer she tells me it will be too cold :wacko:

1 hour ago, manholt said:

Joe, turn on the heat.  I was around the area in July of 1996, AC was on at 72...it gets hot & cold up there!

Yeah, but she wont go outside, seems like a minor problem when you want to sight see :rolleyes:. I keep telling her timing is everything

Never been there but I will add it to my list. Cool breezes off of Lake Michigan and perhaps some wind blowing pleasant temps across the UP from Lake Superior. Have read of a nice park around Cedarville on the UP. There are some spots on the water looking at Lake Huron. Maybe some Great Lakes freighters motoring by. 851 feet or so. 

Just got back from the Tunnel of Trees drive, M-191 out of Harbor Springs, another perfect day and a beautiful drive.

Hearthside is considered to be the best RV Resort in Michigan if not the country. I have never been there but I understand you can purchase one of the sites and they will rent it out for you when you are not using it.

Take a look at their website,           

hearthsidegrove.com

Herman

Herman.  Nice, but I know of a couple of dozen more, that is equal or better!  :o Never been real impressed with them.  Nice to visit for a week, but that's it.  Your link don't work! :)