F434402

Bird Nest In Awning Rollers

HELP

Does anyone have a solution to Birds building nest in Awnings while parked. Has happen at weekend campouts, and when put in storage within three days.

Welcome to the FMCA Forum!

Could you attach a picture of where they(the birds) are building the nest. Got to admit that is a new one for me!

Rich.

I found a nest with baby birds in it in the exhaust pipe of my coach yesterday. Cranking the engine evicted them. I now have the pipe plugged with a wad of aluminum foil.

I suspect that the aluminum foil will suffer the same fate as the nest if I crank the engine without removing it. I'll pick it up on my pre-departure walk-a-round.

BTW, I didn't know that there were younguns it the nest until it came out. The nest was mostly around a bend in the pipe. They wouldn't have survived anyhow. They were just hatched, and we will be driving in less than two weeks.

One thing you might do is get a PVC pipe cap that will fit over the tail pipe. Hang a red flag from it so you will remember to remove it.

I remember removing red warning flag while on the flight line when in the Navy.  Had to remove them count them and then show them to the pilot. In the front wheel well there was a compartment to stow them. When they returned, out they came and replaced back in their appropriate location.

Herman

I had a problem with birds building nests in the awnings over my slides when in storage.  They do it quickly.  I simply cut a piece of screen and attached to each end of the exposed part of the awnings with clips.  No more nests.  I have not had a problem with them trying to build nests while we are using the MH.

Good thought!

Frank.  The mother laid the eggs, she would know where her kids where and feed them. :wacko: