williames

Roadmaster Chassis

Being a newbie I was a little hasty buying a 2005 HR Ambassador. During a lube job I was told that both arms in the back passenger side of the the frame were bent, he didn't say how much and at this point it means nothing to me except that it needs replacing. I don't know where to go from here or if it is dangerous to drive, or where to buy them and how expensive will it be to have them replaced. help please!, Bill

If you have the 4 bad air suspension, your coach could fall just at the end of the Rear Trailing Arm issue, but better to study this and verify that you do not have the dangerously weak ones.  If the 8 outboard bag suspension, this does not apply to you:

http://community.fmca.com/topic/569-important-safety-issue-monaco-hr-safari-chassis/

10 hours ago, williames said:

Being a newbie I was a little hasty buying a 2005 HR Ambassador. During a lube job I was told that both arms in the back passenger side of the the frame were bent, he didn't say how much and at this point it means nothing to me except that it needs replacing. I don't know where to go from here or if it is dangerous to drive, or where to buy them and how expensive will it be to have them replaced. help please!, Bill

According to a 2005 HR brochure you have a RR8R chassis, if so, the rear trailing arm does not apply. 

You really need to verify the chassis and post pictures of the bent parts. 

As I suggested in my original response to you.  Call HR Tech Dept. with your VIN#, your coach is a 05' but your engine and chassis may be an 04'!

Carl  

In case you need contact information for Holiday Rambler, the phone number in your owners manual should still be a good contact number.  Holiday Rambler was part of Monaco RV at the time your coach was manufactured and their data is intact despite a bankrupcy and subsequent sale to Navistar followed by a sale to ASV which has reorganized and Monaco (including Holiday Rambler) are now in the REV Group.  This Holiday Rambler link takes you to their page and way down at the bottom in the footer of the page is a link to parts and service.  We have a Monaco but I think that our service number will work for you as well, 877-466-6226.

Through all of the above, Monaco (including Holiday Rambler) has maintained all their records and should be able to give you specific information about your coach and advice as to how to solve any problem that exists.  By the way, Roadmaster Chassis is also a part of the REV Group so repair parts may be available from them or you may need to find an aftermarket product. 

If it is a problem with trailing arms, there is a good aftermarket product which is rated better quality and lower cost than the replacements that Monaco is selling.  That isn't my personal experience, it comes from other postings here on this forum.  Query the forum (search box, top right corner of this page) for trailing arms to read up on what others have said.  That is "IF" and I suspect as mentioned above, the problem is likely something other than trailing arms as your model should be an RR8R chassis.