Gary-Val

Leaky Air Bag

I've got a 2002 36-foot Rexhall motorhome with manual air bags; valves are on the side of the coach. The chassis is Ford. I have a slight leak in my right side. I've checked the valve and line for leaks and can't find one. I'm suspecting the raising chamber itself. Is there a way to check this? If it turns out to be leaking, is there a fix or do I replace the bag itself? If that's the case, where can I find one?

Thanks

I've got a 2002 36-foot Rexhall motorome with manual air bags; valves are on the side of the coach. The chassis is Ford. I have a slight leak in my right side. I've checked the valve and line for leaks and can't find one. I'm suspecting the raising chamber itself. Is there a way to check this? If it turns out to be leaking, is there a fix or do I replace the bag itself? If that's the case, where can I find one?

Soap and water is the best "leak finder." While it could be the bag itself, lines and connections to them is more likely.

And Rexhall should be able to tell you what aftermarket bags they fit (if indeed this was a factory installed part).

While you are under there checking for leaks, see if there is any identification on the air bags as to their manufacturer. Firestone made a lot of them: http://www.firestoneindustrial.com/riderit...10&rfk=2070

Brett Wolfe

Soap and water is the best "leak finder." While it could be the bag itself, lines and connections to them is more likely.

And Rexhall should be able to tell you what aftermarket bags they fit (if indeed this was a factory installed part).

While you are under there checking for leaks, see if there is any identification on the air bags as to their manufacturer. Firestone made a lot of them: http://www.firestoneindustrial.com/riderit...10&rfk=2070

Brett Wolfe

Brett is right as usual. This is why you never throw away the empty windex bottles. Fill it with water and add 4 to 5 drops of liquid soap. Spray on all connections, valves etc. Run off GOOD, Bubbles BAD. This is the only way to chesk for propane leaks. Sometimes your owners manual has a list of vendors for your coach.

GOOD LUCK