We are interested in the Honda CRV 2014 or later for towing behind our Motor Home.  However one of the limitations

is no more than 65 MPH.  Is this true and can I hear from other members who tow their Honda CRV and their satisfaction?

We have been towing a 2014 Honda CR-V for almost two years now without any issues. We have the Road Master Tow Bar/ InvisiBrake setup, and it also has been trouble free.

The Owners Manual for the CR-V does stipulate a maximum towing speed of 65 mph. I follow the manufacture's guidelines. I don't push my RV very hard anyway, so the 65 mph limitation is not a big deal. BTW, Honda changed the transmission for the 2015 model, and the current models are not approved for flat (4 wheels down) recreational towing.

Dave

We have a 2013 CRV all-wheel-drive and have towed it flat for over 35,000 miles with no issues we don't go for 65 mph and we have to keep track of total miles driven and towed and  Service the  transmission every 30,000 miles 

We have a 2013 crv 2 wheel drive. Myself and many of my friends regularly drive 70 - 75 when toying. We stop every couple 3 hours and start car and let run for a little while.  I think there 65 mph is (CTA) cover there a$$' 

carl 2004 American tradition

2013 Honda CR-V 

4 hours ago, bdensford said:

does the odomoter keep registering miles driven on the honda CRV when it is towed?  

No the towed milage does not register.

Bill

Hey greenbarn1, I am in the planning stage, very slow planning stage, of acquiring a 2014 CR-V to use as a toad.  I have done significant research on towing Honda's with 4 down. I have a 2009 Honda Civic Sedan with auto trans that this board was adamant/unanimous in informing me I shouldn't consider towing 4 down.  But to your point regarding stopping every 3 hours and letting the engine run; is this to maintain a good charge level in the battery, to maintain lubrication of the transmission, both or some other factors?

sundance

We are on our second CRV, great toads.  We abide by the 65 mph rule...don't tow much faster than 60 anyway.  MPG is bad enough at 60, really heads south faster than that.

We are on our second CRV, great toads.  We abide by the 65 mph rule...don't tow much faster than 60 anyway.  MPG is bad enough at 60, really heads south faster than that.

FIVE.  I stay on 63/64 cruise control.  My mpg goes down when I'm at less than 63 and more than 67....70-75, I would be filling up every 375 to 425 miles.  450-470 miles=72 gal. I can go 800+ but then I get real close to the Generator shut off line...in late fall, winter and early spring, when I don't run Gen...900+ max. Most I have ever put in was 122.3 gal.

I run at 65-66 as my coach doesn't shift into 6th till 65. I am not complaining I have been geting right at 9mpg. Probably a little less on the last tank as I have been up to West Yellowstone and down I-15 to Brigham City.   My CR-V is geting about 32-34 even under tough conditions in the National Parks.;)

Bill