jvmcmillan2003

SIMI Supplemental Braking System

JV,

What make, model and year is the vehicle?  Same with your coach.

With this information we can better recommend a braking system. Several folks may have the same toad and let you know what they have.

Good luck 

Herman 

JV,

For me the system of choice would be the M & G Engineering unit. Air brake unit with only one moving part. nothing to do when hooking up to tow other then the bar, chains and lights is to plug in the air line.

m-gengineering.com  or 903-675-2812 and ask for Monty.

Herman

3 hours ago, jvmcmillan2003 said:

Tow vehicle is a 2016 Jeep Cherokee with Active Drive II.  Today the dealer is installing the MOPAR wiring harness to alleviate the "wobble" issue.

How are you planning to get power from the MH to the Cherokee to avoid a flat battery?    We had our harness installed a couple of months ago but have not yet done anything about power but have to get to it soon.  

GR

22 minutes ago, jvmcmillan2003 said:

Don't know yet.  Thinking about a product called "Toad Charge"

I bought one but haven't installed it. I just run the car at lunch and haven't had a problem. Personally I didn't think the Toad Charge was very robust.

Bill 

The Toad Charge works great for me.   Only complaint is the poor quick disconnects.  Plan on changing them to 2 pole trailer connectors for better connections.